The Wits University – WITS Online Application 2022 window for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the 2022 academic year is now open for 2022/2023 academic year.
Every student who wants to start a new qualification must apply for admission at Wits University Via WITS online application System. This application window is open for;
- First-time WITS applicants
- WITS students changing to a new qualification and / or specialization
- Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register
- students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies
Applications for admission at WITS are done online (Via WITS Online application System) where all qualified students in the country and abroad are invited to submit their admission applications. The Wits University WITS Online Application system, this is a web-enabled application designed to manage WITS Online admission related processes (WITS Applications). Via this system; Students can apply for the programmes they are interested online.
It is well known that, WITS Application for admission for 2022/2023 is a crucial moment anticipated by many students who wish to study at The Wits University (WITS) for undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for 2022/2023 academic year.
This is the most challenging moment for students who want to apply for admission at the Wits University – WITS, as it is well acknowledged that WITS is largest university system in South Africa by enrollment and most reputable in South Africa as it attracts large number of students which results to more completion during the 2022 WITS admission Applications.
To make sure that your application is successfully submitted to WITS, all applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period. You are also advised to submit your application before the deadline and consider to attach all the required Application Document.
In this post you will learn in details about: how to Apply at WITS for 2022, how to create your WITS online admission account, how to pay WITS application fees, you will get full details on WITS application dates for 2022
WITS Application requirements 2021/2022
Before applying for admission at WITS – The Wits University (WITS)
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements, and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification as every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points in order to enter. To familiarize yourself with WITS admission requirements follow this link
- Make sure you have Done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about WITS offered courses and programs, Check WITS prospectus here
- Have a Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. WITS corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at WITS for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process.
For all students who wish to apply for admission at WITS are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Applicants are insisted to Follow the intrusions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
How to Apply for admission at WITS – Apply at WITS for 2022/2023
WITS online application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find full guide about how to apply for 2022 academic year admission at WITS;
To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
2022 Applications are open Closing dates
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
How to pay WITS Online application 2022
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter will contain a person number (which will become your student number), and a reference person for you to contact for any queries you may have.
- All records of correspondence from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date on self-service.
To view all correspondence generated on the Self Service Portal, go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
To check your Application Status on the Self Service go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status
- If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Log in with your person number and the first six digits of your ID.
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results.
- Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
- Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar. (Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
Download the Self-Service Guide here.
Alternatively, watch the video here.
- Current Matriculants may be made a conditional offer (depending on Grade 11 results). Please note that certain programmes have additional selection criteria (interview/audition/NBT).
- Firm offers can only be confirmed after receiving final matric results.
- Each choice of degree is treated as a separate application. The order of choice makes no difference.
- Communication offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation programmewill reflect on the self service portal, and registration and orientation details will be available on the Wits website.
- Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to the offer within a few days to secure your place.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- DO NOT submit a new application!
- Refer to the closing dates to see if applications are still open for your new selection.
- If you are certain you want to change your programme choice, contact your Admissions Consultant to request the amendment to be processed. It is advisable to avoid multiple changes.
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
You can Visit the Wits University WITS Online application System for full guide on how to apply >> https://www.wits.ac.za/undergraduate/apply-to-wits/
Make sure that your application is complete to ensure successful application and your chance of being accepted with The Wits University (WITS), In case your application for admission to study through WITS is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
WITS Application status
Once your application has been successfully submitted, it is recommended to track your application status at WITS online application System so that you can check if your application have been accepted or rejected for more details about How to track WITS application status Check this link >> WITS status application – WITS tracking status