Applications are invited from early career faculty from African universities for the University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/23.
The program is designed to support the development of the next crop of African scholars by integrating them into international academic networks, and promotes University of Michigan’s international commitment to research and teaching collaborations.
University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/23
To be considered for the African Presidential Scholars Program at the University of Michigan, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an early career faculty member who has taught in the higher education system for less than ten years, and who is presently teaching in a college or university in Africa.
- Be employed in an ongoing position at a university or college in Africa.
- Be able to demonstrate support from a home institution with a letter of recommendation from the head of department, dean, or vice chancellor.
- Be able to remain in residence for five months.
The application process is in two form. Applicants from colleges or universities from Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda can apply directly whereas applicants from outside of these countries are to be nominated by a U-M faculty member familiar with the work of the prospective applicant. The nominating faculty must:
- Complete the online nomination form (for University of Michigan faculty only and access requires U-M login).
- Submit/ upload a letter of endorsement that indicates their willingness to serve as a mentor during the length of the residency, commit to meet regularly, and if possible provide an office space for the prospective participant.
As soon as the complete nomination form and letter of support is received, a link to the application portal will be sent to be nominated candidate’s email.
All applicants will be required to:
- Complete the online application form (this link can only be used directly by applicants from Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda)
- Upload a curriculum vitae using the online application.
- Upload a scholarly program/research proposal not exceeding five pages.
- Provide name and contact information of the head of department, dean, or vice chancellor at applicant’s home institution who will write the letter of support.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
For the more information Visit official Webpage University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/2023