University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) invites qualifying students to apply for UKZN Maritime Cluster Bursaries Programme 2022 academic year.
- Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
UKZN Maritime Cluster Bursaries 2022
The Ethekwini Maritime Cluster is inviting students, to apply for bursary funding, for studies towards Masters or PhD research in Maritime, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary will cover studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, in the Unit of Maritime Law and Maritime Studies.
- Students can find out more about the programmes at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Unit of Maritime Law and Maritime Studies here.
- Find more Maritime (and related studies) bursaries here.
- Find more Postgraduate bursaries here.
Bursaries will be awarded to 5 students, to the value of R20 000 each, for cover towards research and study expenses. Students who are either currently registered in 2021 for Masters or PhD research in Maritime, or are registering in 2022, may apply.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying or accepted to study at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, for Masters or PhD research in Maritime in 2022
- You must have an interest in maritime studies
- Preference will be given to candidates from previously disadvantaged groups
How to apply UKZN Maritime Cluster Bursaries 2022
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter outlining why you want to conduct research in maritime
- Draft research proposal in a maritime topic
- Full academic record to date
- Progress report from your supervisor: if already enrolled for Masters or PhD
- Proof of acceptance at University of KwaZulu-Natal, for Masters (research) or Phd in maritime: if enrolling for the first time in 2022
Note: there is no application form for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted to Ms Veronica Peter (at the UKZN Maritime Studies Unit), via email at: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Ethekwini Maritime Cluster Bursary Application” in the email subject line).