UDSM Scholarships For PhD Programmes 2021/2022. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for PhD Scholarship in Renewable Energy tenable at the University of Dar es Salaam, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering under the “Widespread Use of Geothermal Energy in East Africa” research project.
The project is funded by the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA).
Duration of the UDSM Scholarships For PhD Programmes 2021/2022
The duration of the scholarship is three (3) years, effective from June 2021.
Nature of the PhD Programme
- PhD by thesis (research).
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Eligible applicants are required to have the following:
- Hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Engineering Geology or any other related field and Master degree in Renewable Energy, Energy Engineering, or any other related engineering discipline from an accredited institution with GPA of at least 3.7 at bachelor’s degree level and 4.0 at master’s degree level.
- Submitted an application for admission to the mentioned PhD programme at the University of Dar es Salaam. The admission application shall be for the second semester that shall begin in March 2021. The admission window for that semester is open and application information is available at https://www.udsm.ac.tz/web/index.php/directorates/dpgs/postgraduate-application.
Granting of a scholarship is conditional upon proof of admission to a PhD degree programme at the University of Dar es Salaam in the mentioned field above. Applicants are advised to expedite their admission applications so as to meet the University’s second semester deadline of 1st March 2021.
- The scholarship is fully funded and will follow the fees structure of the University of Dar es Salaam.
The PhD Positions
The Project announces two PhD positions, for which the scholarships will be offered at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, College of Engineering and Technology, University of Dar es Salaam.
The research topics for two PhD positions are:
- Energy Potential of Low to High-Temperature Geothermal Reservoirs in Tanzania
- Optimization of Geothermal Power Plants.
Eligible applicants for these PhD positions in the Project should apply for admission to the relevant PhD Programmes at the University of Dar es Salaam by following the procedure described above. In addition, applicants should send their
applications for the scholarship including:
- Concept Note (maximum 5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- List of publications (if any) or an electronic copy of a master’s dissertation
- Copies of bachelor’s and master’s degree transcripts
- Copies of bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates
- Two letters of academic referees.
The deadline for submission of applications is 28th February 2021, midnight East African Time.
Applicants should prepare for a personal interview on the date to be announced to them later.
Successful applicants should be ready to start their studies on 1st July 2021. In case of any enquiries, please contact the Project Coordinator, through the
address provided above.
For more information Visit official webage UDSM Scholarships For PhD Programmes 2021/2022