Job title: Strategic Communications Writer and Editor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and remote
Purpose: Develop and create written project material and provide copy-editing on key project material produced by staff Duration:20-60 days for period January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021
The Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC- TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
As part of the broader Knowledge Management Strategy to facilitate the frequent, systematic, and effective capture, production, usage, and dissemination of information developed during implementation of the GHSC-TA-TZ Program, the project is seeking a Strategic Communications Writer and Editor to work with project technical teams to develop written key knowledge management material.
Support project staff technical leads in writing and copy-editing project materials and deliverables.
- Write success stories, technical reports, and other project materials for publication.
- Review, copyedit, and proofread project produced reports, manuals, guidelines, and other project workplan deliverables before publication.
January 1,2021 to June 30, 2021, approximately 20-60 days total.
- Detail timesheet approved by project
- Completed written material.
- Completed copyedited and proofread
- Place of Performance
- Dar es Salaam and remotely
- Travel schedule N/A
Knowledae and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a copywriter, content strategist, strategic writer, or similar role
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- In-depth knowledge with developing knowledge management material for USAID funded projects. Experience working with public health projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
And kindly include title you are applying for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on December 22nd ,2020. GHSC – TA- TZ is an equal opportunity employer.