Senior Environmental Officer At Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team, and the business and the overall objective of this position is to coordinate, direct and organize systems and team effort and provide leadership to ensure compliance and conformity to the national environmental legislation and company requirements.
- Reporting to: Environmental Superintendent
- Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Responsible for implementation of monitoring programs for water quality, air quality, noise & vibration, meteorological
- Manage the site water balance model and advise the responsible departments of any water balance related issues and actions, and follow up actions
- Collect data and information for hydrogeological and geochemical studies and monitoring activities
- Ensure the Acid Rock Drainage (ARD) management plan is kept up to date, and coordinate the implementation of actions from all responsible departments (geology, mining, processing) to ensure proper management and prevention of ARD
- Ensure monitoring data is collected, QA/QC undertaken and analysed ready for reporting and recommending solutions
- Analyse and use environmental data to inform departments’ environmental solutions and practices and improve the resource efficiencies across the Mine
- Ensure the site environmental laboratory is well maintained
- Ensure all monitoring equipment are well maintained and calibrated for producing accurate and reliable data
- Make use of GIS in the analysis and reporting of monitoring data
- Support departments and contractors in the implementation of ISO14001 EMS, schedule and undertake internal audits and inspections
- Update the environmental obligation register
- Undertake tasks related other environmental programs at the Mine including rehabilitation, waste and hazardous material management; and vector control
- Analyse data and prepare reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis as well as the annual environmental compliance reports
- Coordinate and participate in the external and compliance audits such as the Annual Environmental Self Audit, TSF Annual Inspection, and Cyanide Code Audits etc.
- Undertake other responsibilities within the department including rehabilitation programs, waste management and hazardous material management
- Work with the site Emergency Response Team in the coordination of the environmental emergency drills.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Hydrogeology, or Geochemistry from a reputable University
- Professional registration with NEMC as Environmental Expert (EIA and Auditing) is an added advantage
- Computer literacy is essential – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. The use of GIS and other specialized software’s for environmental management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in environmental management in the extractive industry
- Understanding of the ISO 14001 certified environmental management system
- Experience and ability to work long hours in a remote site environment will be an added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literacy is essential – Excel, GIS, and water related software & water balance models or databases etc.
- Environmental modelling skills
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data, with a high level of accuracy
- Environmental chemistry or geochemistry understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO14001, environmental legislation particularly in the Tanzanian mining industry and regulatory set up.
- Environmental problems solving and, analytical skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, both technical and non-technical
- Must be motivated individual with the ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Strong values and commitment to safety and environmental protection
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via email to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 30th November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com