SASMT Bursaries Programme 2022. South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT) invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
- Bursary Application Closing Date: 15 September 2021
SASMT Bursaries Programme 2022
The South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT) are inviting existing SASMT members, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries are available for SASMT members who are in financial need, and are furthering their studies in music.
SASMT award bursaries every 2 years, and the amount of cover will depend on availability funds of the SASMT.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of November 2021. Successful recipients will be required to present a paper at the biennial SASMT National Conference.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards a music qualification
- You must be registered to study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be an existing paid-up SASMT member, for a minimum of 2 years
- You must be in financial need
How to apply SASMT Bursaries Programme 2022
Download and complete the SASMT Teacher Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photo in electronic format (approximately 500px in height)
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter to support your application, explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
- Recommendation by a SASMT member
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “SASMT Teacher Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).