Position: Research Officer (10 posts)
Reports To: Principal Investigator |Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for ten (10) qualified individuals to work as Research Officers in the TIMCI project. They will be charged with collecting qualitative data on the impact of health and quality of care outcomes of sick children under specified age healthcare facilities. Also, they are expected to have knowledge and skills on qualitative and research methods and also quick to establish good relationships with workers in respective selected health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in collecting qualitative data in healthcare facilities.
- Adopt the TIMCI protocol and procedures for better data collection.
- Support research implementations as per GCP the study areas.
- Participate in supervision of TIMCI data collection teams, health care workers and community members.
- Participate in presentation/communication of research status at district level.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Sociology/Social Work/Science or related qualification from recognized institutions.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in both English and Swahili Languages.
- Computer Skills.
- Skills in qualitative data management (collection and handling) and record keeping.
- Good skills in problem solving, teamwork.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Professional attitude with highest level of integrity.
- Able to meet to deadlines.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Tuesday 29th of June 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – TIMCI.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.