THPS is looking to fill the following position to provide support to the procurement department.
Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Location: THPS Headquarters at Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Procurement & Logistics Manager.
Overall Job Summary:
The Procurement and Logistics Assistant will help the Procurement & Logistics Manager to ensure effective procurement systems are adhered to through following the purchasing processes and ensure timely delivery of items to intended recipients. She/he will assist the Procurement & Logistics Manager in the implementation of quality procurement services and work in close collaboration with all the Regional teams to provide procurement & logistics support.
- Majina Ajira Mpya Za Walimu 2020 PDF TAMISEMI
- Majina Waliopata Mkopo 2020/2021 | Loan Beneficiaries Names
Roles and Responsibility
- Compile documents for payment (Attach the received invoices on the Purchase order) and send the same to Accounts department
- Achieving of procurement documents such as purchase orders, proformas and analysis documents for various sourced out Supplies, Services, works and Consultancy.
- Receive all invoices and manage the workflow with regard to when they arrived at Procurement Department and when were they sent to Accounts for payment
- Fill in and keep updating the Excel Spreadsheet for various procurement for future Procurement updates to Programs.
- Update the materials specifications and price for various procured materials for future references.
- Prepare Vendor analysis for the obtained bids and Purchase orders
- Work on all Open Purchase orders to ensure vendors are paid
- Undertake orders expedition and ensure materials are delivered to the required final destination.
- Receive various Procured items in case the stores Person is absent
- Undertake all other activities as shall be provided by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management. PSPTB registered under graduate category will be an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in Procurement and Logistics management.
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and with highest degree of integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, and excel application.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 4th December 2020 with a subject line of’ Position ‘Procurement and Logistic Assistant, Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer;
Women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.