Pharmaceutical Technician at Ifakara Health Institute December, 2020
- Position: Pharmaceutical Technician (1 post)
- Reports to: Project leader / Pharmacist
- Work station: Dar es Salaam
- Apply by: December 14, 2020
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Pharmaceutical Technician to work with the TB Clinic study at the Mwananyamala Regional Referral Hospital in Dar es Salaam to Handling of all clinical trial pharmaceutical matters (drug and vaccine) as assigned by the senior pharmacists and Principal investigator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct drugs and vaccine (investigational medicinal product) accountability
- Study drugs Storage and dispensing
- Study drugs/vaccine Preparation and administration Train other staff in the study on drug/vaccine handling.
- Monitor study drug/vaccine supplies.
- Study drugs/vaccine importation.
- Study drugs/vaccine disposal.
- Export and Import permit application and follow-up.
- Protocol implementation.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical license as a technician.
Skills and Competencies
- Skills in formulation-Medicines and vaccines
- Cold chain management and Dispensing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good team player
- Hard working person
- Adhere to IHI core values
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI Salary scales for scientists.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: Pharmaceutical Technician – Dar.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for this application is: December 14, 2020.