|I. POSITION INFORMATION|
|Vacancy Notice Number||IOM/DAR/013/2021|
|Position title||Interpreter (English-Amharic-Amharic-English)|
|Duty station||Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania|
|Type of Appointment & Durations||Special Short-Term Daily Contract & Two months|
|Organizational unit||Programme Unit|
|Reports directly to||Programme Assistant|
|Overall supervision by||Programme Coordinator|
|II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE|
| IOM Tanzania is implementing the Africa Regional Migrational Programme (ARMP) -unded by United States Bureau for Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM). The Programme has three key pillars of (i) Migration Management, (i) partnerships and (iii) Crisis response and its Currently being implemented in 19 African Countries. The ARMP focuses on strengthening Governmental structures policies, processes and approaches that can ensure sustainable and humane migration management using evidence- based protocols, processes, and procedures. |
In this context, IOM Tanzania seeks to hire an Amharic Interpreter to support data collection among Ethiopian migrants in Tanzania.
|III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES|
| In coordination with the Programme Coordinator and the Proramme Assistant, the Interpreter is expected to produce the following deliverables. |
1. Assist with interpreting communications from English to Amharic and Amharic to English.
2. Support in gathering qualitative data ad being provided by the Ethiopians migrants.
3. Any other duties that may assigned by Head of the Department.
|IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE|
|· Bachelor’s degree in Migration Studies, Development Studies, Statistics, Linguistics, or other related fields.|
|· Demonstrated interest, and preferably experience, in issues relating to migration, forced displacement, international development.· Experience with primary data collection (KI interviews) is strongly preferred. |
· Ability to quickly identify patterns and deviations in collected data.
· Sound understanding of migration issues is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Prior experience in migration data in the East Africa region is preferred.
· For non-Tanzanians: the right to work in the United Republic of Tanzania is required.
|· Attention to detail.· Efficient in time management. |
· Approaching problems with a sense of ownership, and enthusiasm.
· Attention to detail and with high standards of accuracy in all aspects of work.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Analytical and critical thinking.
· Team player.
|Required(specify the required knowledge)||Desirable|
|For this position, fluency both Amharic and English are required (oral andwritten).||Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.|
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancies are opened for both Internal and External Candidates.
Only e-mail applications will be considered.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process