National Library of South Africa (NLSA) invites unemployed graduates to apply for Librarian Trainee / Internship Programme 2021.
- Internship Application Closing Date : 27 May 2021
- Internship Location: South Africa
National Library of South Africa (NLSA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment on a six-month contract basis. Priority will be given to youth (aged 18 to 35) in response to Government’s objective of youth employment and empowerment. The successful individuals will be based at our Pretoria and Cape Town Campuses.
You Might Interested Also:-
- Finance Internship 2021 At Midvaal Local Municipality
- Allan Gray Graduate Programme 2022
- Western Cape Dept of Health Graduate Internships 2021/2022
- Preservation and conservation services
- Bibliographic services and collections management
- Follow detailed instructions
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested
- Work rotational shifts, including weekends, when required to do so
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science;
- Bachelor Degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science/Information Studies;
- BTech in Library Science/Information Studies.
- An Honours/Master’s Degree and/or LIASA membership will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
How to apply Librarian Trainee Programme 2021 At NLSA
Interested applicants must submit a completed application form accompanied by a covering letter; Curriculum Vitae; Matric/Grade12 certificate; certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts, not older than six months; and a copy of certified Identity Document by e-mail according to the preferred location as follows:
Pretoria: [email protected]
Cape Town: [email protected]
NB. Should you not receive any correspondence / communication from the National Library of South Africa one month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful
NB. This advertisement replaces the previous advert for this position. Applicants who have submitted their applications in response to the previous advertisement need not reapply.