Knysna Municipality invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
- Bursary Application Closing Date: 07 January 2022
Knysna Municipality Bursaries 2022
The Knysna Municipality is inviting students who reside within the Knysna Municipal District, to apply for the Mayoral Social Relief and Bursary Fund, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within scarce skills areas, including Engineering and Science.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees (a portion of, not the full amount), book allowance (up to a certain amount), examination fee, accommodation (if students can prove they need it). Awards will be paid directly to tertiary institutions.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Requirements for Knysna Municipality Bursaries
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Knysna Municipal District (Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal and Sedgefield)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification within a scarce skills sector, in 2022
- You must studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students in financial needy and those from historically disadvantaged communities
How to apply Knysna Municipality Bursaries 2022
Download the Knysna Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent College, University or tertiary results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension advice if on pension, proof of grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence
- Institutions banking details (on institutions letterhead)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
P.O. Box 21
2) Hand delivery:
5 Clyde Street
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.