Project Manager: Agriculture
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Project Manager: Agriculture is required to strategically plan, develop and implement digital Farmer solution strategies and proactively and help secure funding from various stakeholders that will ensure continued success in digitizing the Farmer segment.
with its key driver KPIs including Farmer recruitment’ performance reports, Product Performance, Technology trends and other Performance KPIs. Direct Sales, Indirect Partners’ and SME performance trends and monitoring segment performances according to the specific defined – criteria.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Responsible with planning and managing Connected Farmer solution strategy, CAPEX/OPEX requirements.
- Responsible with Quarterly Service improvements programs as stipulated by GSMA AgriTech.
- Responsible with leading / owning new product development projects and continuous improvement of digital Farmer services and seeing through their constant reviews to ensure they are always relevant.
- Responsible with recruitment and on boarding new Partners and farmer modules and ensure technical support for the
- Responsible with identifying and help to secure funding that ensures continued relevance and growth of digital platforms in the Agriculture sector
- Ensure always all stakeholders from Management to Sales and support teams are up to pace with technology and products.
- Maintain security, access, and quality of VTPlc, Stakeholders and farmer information infrastructure, reports and records entrusted.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional setup
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- At least 3 years previous experience
- Strategic planning, project management and reporting, sales or product development.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
•A degree in Information Technology / Telecoms Engineering/ Business Degree
- Selling Business Outcomes
- Managing the Sales Cycle
- Commercial Acumen in the B2B Environment
- Customer Centricity
- Application of Vodafone Business Sales Tools
- B2B Product Knowledge and Proposition Delivery
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 June 2021.