Regional Human Resources Partner
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for over 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Regional Human Resources Partner implements practices and activities of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Office in a portfolio of countries as assigned, providing a full spectrum of HR services and programs linked to short and long-term organizational needs and objectives. The individual will work closely with IntraHealth Corporate Human Resources and Country Leadership Team/s to support the achievement of organizational mission, goals, and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of activities to deliver HR capacity and infrastructure across projects represented in the region. The individual serves as a consultant and provides day to day guidance to country project HR staff and manage their work.
- Work closely with the local HR Administrators and Proposal Recruiters with regards to managing and overseeing recruiting activities:
- Job Description writing and banding
- Salary determination for new hires
- Personnel Action in Ultipro and issuing of Employment Letters
- Recruiting in support countries
- Support country office/project start-up in collaboration with the technical, program, and project teams
- Ensures that hiring and employment practices are in compliance with organizational and local standards
- Act as a partner to the organization by understanding the recruiting and interviewing process; counseling managers on candidate selection.
- Promote and support the organization’s diversity efforts
General Support and Employee Relations (35%)
- Provide country office/project HR staff both day-to-day operational support and advice on strategic initiatives to help achieve the organization’s business objectives
- Guides and supports employees and managers across the employee life cycle.
- Analyze, develop, maintain and ensure compliance with HR policies, procedures and guidelines taking into account the business needs
- Act as a functional expert and liaison with managers, advising and supporting them on relevant matters relating to HR
- Support project HR staff in managing the New Hire Orientation Program and oversee effective implementation.
- Provides country/project HR staff and managers HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Oversee field staff compliance/ethics training and tracking and monitor of timesheet compliance.
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR policies, guidelines and procedures
- Contributes to the overall HR organizational effort by assisting other HR Partners and HR Teams as necessary to support a high performing Human Resources work team
- Understand and guide conversations surrounding country laws with guidance of legal experts when needed
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conduct investigations; maintaining records; represent the organization at hearings
- Conduct exit interviews track trends and make recommendations to HR Management
Compensation & Benefits (20%)
- Serves as local and regional point of contact for compensation and benefits, participates in policy development and implementation,
- Act as a partner to the organization by assisting managers and the Senior Manager of compensation in updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in their designated department or area
- Collaborates with country/project HR staff to determine salary offers based on approved salary scales, salary survey data for new positions as well as internal equity to ensure competitiveness within the local market
- Maintain the organization’s pay philosophy by exhibiting a working understanding of how pay is derived; explaining and training on pay basics; assist in preparing pay budgets (if necessary); monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and assisting with implementing pay structure revisions.
- Support employee benefits programs by exhibiting a working knowledge of the organization’s benefits and answering basic questions.
Performance Management (15%)
- Provides consultation to managers on talent development and performance management.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by:
- Training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Scheduling and participating in management conferences with employees
- Resolving employee grievances
- Counseling employees and supervisors
- Identifies training needs, manages and conducts trainings on topics ranging from HR policies and procedures to professional and leadership skill development
- Coach and support Project HR staff and managers on managing performance in the workplace.
- Support Performance discussions and Reviews.
Strategic Partnering (15%)
- Act as a strategic partner to the organization by understanding mission, vision, values and organizational direction, goals and objectives. Facilitates strategic organizational meetings and provides advice to assigned organizational leadership.
- Works closely with country office/ project management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain employee engagement by being actively involved in employee surveys and focus groups.
- Support regional staff as an HR Partner and/or mentor/train/coach local HR staff, as assigned.
- Communicate organizational changes and assists managers and employees, as needed.
- Develop monthly/quarterly metrics to strategically manage staff turnover.
- Master’s degree plus six (6) or more years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree plus eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in Human Resource Management or similar field from an accredited university OR equivalent years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with HR leadership to implement process improvements, policies and HR programs is required.
- 2+ years international/multi-country HR experience navigating employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices is required.
- 2+ years administrator or advanced user experience with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is required.
- Ability to legally work, without sponsorship, in one of the following countries required: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, or Tanzania
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Must have demonstrated understanding of local and assigned country’s Labor laws, Company Act, NGO Act and other relevant laws.
- Ability to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues and to handle confidential matters discreetly and have experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to competently assess priorities; manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in local languages; other languages strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management.
- Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally approximately 25% of the time to assigned countries for HR initiatives with two weeks.
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.