77 Job Opportunities At Senior Project Manager
- Abidjan, CI
- Addis Ababa, ET
- Africa (multi-location)
- Dakar, SN
- Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Johannesburg, ZA
- Kigali, RW
- Lagos, NG
- Nairobi, KE
You are global development leader and you thrive tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for a Project Manager:
- At least one year managing high-performing teams in a problem-solving, analytical environment.
- Prior management experience in a consulting environment preferred: 2+ years of experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top-performer’ throughout tenure
- Minimum of 5 years of experience framing and analyzing evidence-based solutions to strategic challenges.
- Prior consulting experience preferred: Expert knowledge of consulting “toolkit”
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in a concise, insightful and structured manner, both in written and oral
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to perform well in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Master’s in Business Administration or Masters in Public Administration/ Policy or PhD from a top university with excellent academic record
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with English and French speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Managers deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Take accountability for the quality of client deliverables
- Take a leadership role in building and managing the firm
- Manage relationships with clients and other stakeholders, often serving as the first point of contact for content questions and logistics
- Provide guidance to team members at all stages of the project; maintain responsibility for project budgets and timelines
- Develop and maintain client relationships and contribute to thought leadership initiatives in order to generate new business engagements
- Actively contribute to Dalberg’s firm-building initiatives
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Addis Ababa, Dakar, Dar Es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, Nairobi.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please submit your application at our Career Center by 30th April 2020. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Closing Date 30th April, 2020