JOB TITLE: Inventory Controller
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit an Inventory Controller to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will ensure that all inventory is effectively managed through item creation, inventory accuracy and change control in accordance with Policies and procedures and respecting standards for safety and environment. The position will report to the Warehouse Superintendent.
- Plan and execute cycle counting and stock counting program in line with corporate requirements.
- Ensures that all stock counts are planned and that all activities required prior to and after the stock count are completed
- Ensures that all stock variances are investigated, and that corrective action is implemented to address the root cause of the variance
- Ensures all stock data is updated so that the physical stock and system stock are accurately represented
- Implements audit systems to verify that all transactions relating to any adjustments made are entered without exception
- Prepares and allocates various reports related to inventory management; Trains all warehouse operatives in good warehousing practice to ensure that stock items are placed and transferred correctly and that the necessary transactions are completed in SAP.
- Reviews and provides the information for reconciliation of stock values between finance and the store
- Manages the master data creation process and receives all item master input data and reviews for alignment to business rules, and ensures that no duplicate items or master data is created by understanding data base and interacting with the users
- Ensures that all suppliers identified are approved on the Approved supplier list prior to submitting the request to the Group Master Data Specialist
- Reviews and Maintains changes requested to master data on the system
- Trouble shoot issues experienced by the users related to the master data or the SAP System
- Ensure all standard inventory reports have been run at the defined frequency, and that they have been issued
- Train users on the business rules for master data creation and accessing of data and reports
- Ensures that the standards in terms of safety and environment are adhered to in the workplace and during operations covered by the inventory controlling team.
- Organizes and implements a filing system for all documents generated by its activities in accordance with procedures.
- Perform any other tasks related to the overall objective of the position or department.
- Applies proper policies and procedures in the field of inventory management
Tertiary qualification in Logistics and Supply Chain; or related fields
3-5 years of work experience in Inventory Management
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership potential
- ERP systems knowledge, analytical and strong excel skills
- Problem solving skills, and work ethic
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including performance incentives
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th March, 2021.