Booysendal Platinum is situated on the border of the Limpopo and Mpumalanga Provinces near the towns of Mashishing (Lydenburg), Roossenekal and Steelpoort. The mine is located on the southernmost exposure of the eastern limb of the Bushveld Complex with eighty percent of its resources in the Mpumalanga Province.
The Mine has a board and pillar mining layout and operates with trackless mechanised mining equipment.
Booysendal is a subsidiary of the JSE-listed Northam Platinum Limited, a well-established, mid-tier independent and integrated platinum group metals producer with a strong tradition of innovation and technical expertise in the sector.
Job Vacancy At Booysendal Platinum, December 2020
POSITION TITLE: INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
POSITION REF NUMBER: (REF: BDENG39/20)
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible to provide technical instrumentation support services in support of the Senior Instrumentation Technician. The incumbent must assist in the planning and maintenance of control and instrumentation equipment as per best work practices.
This is not limited to control and instrumentation equipment only, but can also be monitoring network, voice, data and associated equipment. The Instrumentation Technician shall also be responsible for the supervision of all subordinates, ensuring that required tasks are allocated and carried out. The incumbent is responsible to complete required documentation including test and calibration certificates.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist the Senior Instrumentation Technician with the development of planned maintenance schedules to ensure maximum efficiency of control systems
- Conduct visual inspections of all critical control and interlock equipment in area of responsibility
- Assisting in the installation, commissioning, inspection, monitoring and maintenance of all networks, field instruments, PLC & SCADA
- Ensure that safety regulations are adhered to
- Work standby, overtime and shifts
- Own transport
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate – Section 13 / 26 (D)
- Minimum Grade 12 or N3
- English language proficiency
- Drivers licence code B, EB or C1
- Medical Certificate of Fitness
- Strong knowledge of PLC & SCADA systems
- No major sensory restrictions
- Must be familiar with risk assessment procedures
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an Instrumentation Mechanician/ of which at least one (1) year is a mining environment
- Experience on deed level Mines (winders) will be advantageous
- Competent working in confined spaces and at heights
Applications close: 22 December 2020 Booysendal Platinum Mine is an equal employment opportunity employer and reserves the right to make appointments in line with its Employment Equity Policy.
Applicants are requested to forward the following documents to the recruitment section of Booysendal Platinum Mine to [email protected] :
- Comprehensive updated CV
- Certified ID copy
- Certified copies of all qualifications
Please quote the Position Title and Reference Number in the subject box of the e-mail. CV’s received in any form after the closing date and time will not be considered. If you have not been contacted within three (3) weeks of the closing date, know that your application was unsuccessful.