The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Position Details Human Resources Officer Jobs
Job title: Human Resources Officer
Reporting to: Senior Human Resources Manager
Job grade: Grade 5
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: To December 2021. Extension subject to performance and Funding availability
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) reports to the Senior Manager, Human Resources and provides specialized HR professional support in day-to-day management and administration of the human resource function in alignment with Foundation business strategy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that employees are advised of any changes to HR policies and procedures
- Captures staff feedback on an ongoing basis and ensures that the feedback is acted upon to bring in operational effectiveness
- Guide on corrective actions including grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Oversee the management and general administration of employee leave plans
- Support employee safety, welfare and internal communication
- Ensures proper planning and preparation in respect of departing staff, including fulfilment of all handover responsibilities, correct payment of terminal dues and exit interviews
- Implement Culture Change processes
Recruitment, Selection and On boarding
- W orks closely with Supervisors to determine hiring needs and ensure operations are aligned to the needs.
- Support recruitment processes, including developing and posting vacancy announcements, tracking and reporting on recruitment processes, screening and short-listing applications, preparing interview schedules and assisting with back ground screening and reference checks for final job candidates.
- Ensures complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information.
- Ensures all required employee documentation is obtained, correctly filed and updated as necessary.
- Drive comprehensive orientation processes for new hires, including preparation of orientation schedules and checklists
Compensation and Benefits
- Interface with the payroll administrator to ensure payroll is promptly informed of any changes affecting the employee’s employment conditions.
- Coordinate the performance management system in accordance with EGPAF policies and procedures on performance management.
- Educate staff on performance management processes and on how to manage performance.
- Advise Supervisors in building people capacity
- Ensure proper implementation of bi-annual performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Track and monitor probationary periods
- Track and monitor performance improvement plans
Learning and Development
- Champion employee learning and development
- Coordinate and implement staff training needs
- Ensure proper documentation and updates of all tuition programs
Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and Tanzania labour laws.
- Provide weekly report highlighting resourcing status, performance management status, engagement action plans and other HR action items.
- HR Administrational Duties
- Ensuring that there is proper coordination of all personnel documentations this includes staff files and all other HR documents.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Manager, Human Resources
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or professional certification in human resource management, business, organizational development or a related field. Computer literate
- 3 years previous human resource management experience at assistant or officer level.
- Experience gained in international non-profit sector preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Right work attitude
- Understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the HR function.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
- Ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Excellent skills in data bases, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy.
- Well organized, self-guided and motivated to produce quality work.
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of peers
- Fluency in English
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates all in one document explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
For more information and to apply Visit official webage Here Human resources Officer Jobs At EGPAF