Ghana Institute of Journalism Admission 2021/2022. Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants who wish to be considered for admission into the Ghana Institute of Journalism for the 2021/2022 Academic year to pursue any of the following courses.
Ghana Institute of Journalism Admission 2021/2022
B. A. IN COMMUNICATION STUDIES [JOURNALISM OPTION]
- Top-Up Weekend Session (Lectures are on Saturdays & Sundays, 7.00 am – 8.00 pm)
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must possess passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics and three (3) elective subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 or better.
Applicants must possess passes(A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics and three (3) elective subjects with an overall aggregate of 36 or better
GCE ADVANCED LEVEL HOLDERS
Applicants must possess a General Certificate of Examinations (GCE) ‘A’ Level Grade E or better in three (3) subjects, at least, one of which should be Grade D or better Credit passes i.e. Grade 6 or better in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level (‘O” Level) subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject, for non-science students.
GIJ Diploma holders with a CGPA of 1.79 and below can apply to be admitted to level 200.
MATURE STUDENTS (Who can apply?)
Persons wishing to enter the Ghana Institute of Journalism as Mature Students must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
Applicants will be considered for admission on passing a special entrance examination in English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test/General Paper to be conducted by the Institute on Saturday, 16th October 2021
HOW TO APPLY
- An applicant must pay the relevant application fee at any Fidelity Bank branch by providing applicant’s name and telephone number.
- You will be provided with your application number/ transaction ID at the bank that will grant you access to the Online Admission Portal.
- Applicant should then proceed to the Online Admission Portal: http://registration.gij.edu.gh/Apply/Start to begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, applicant must print out a copy of the completed application form together with one passport photograph and supporting documents to the address below.
THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS REGISTRY
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM
P.O. BOX GP 667, ACCRA
Closing dates for applications:
- Level 300 Top-Up Admissions: Sunday, 31st October 2021
- Mature Entrance Admissions: Thursday, 30th September 2021
- WASSCE Applicants: Tuesday, 30th November 2021
For any further enquiries or help, contact: 0302-228336 or 026-9501772.
Email: [email protected]
For more information Visit official Webpage Ghana Institute of Journalism Admission 2021/2022