The DW Akademie Master Degree Scholarship Program is targeted at students from around the world that want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector. It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts.
Those interested must have completed an academic program (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree.
The program is held in English.
DW Akademie Master Degree Scholarship 2021
Especially targeted at:
- Media representatives from radio, TV, online and print
- Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
- Journalists and management from community radio stations
- Communication experts
- NGO employees
- Employees from ministries
- Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
- Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
- Media association representatives
- Prospective students from developing countries can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers the cost of living and accommodation. The tuition fees and the flight will also be reimbursed.
- A committee will decide which applicants are to receive a scholarship after the application deadline has expired.
Prospective students must apply through an online-application form. Please read the information below before visiting the application link.
Before entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
- Letter of motivation (max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your first academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience)
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the “Common European Framework”)
For More Information: