Communication Manager Job At SAT, June 2020. Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is a grassroots organization with registration number 00NGO/R/0833. SAT works closely with small scale farmers on organic farming and stakeholders like universities, companies and governmental extension officers. Its holistic approach is built on the four pillars dissemination, research, application and networking.
Read Also:- NBC Bank Jobs (3 POSTS), June 2020
An exciting opportunity with this dynamic and fast-growing organisation awaits the right candidate. This is a busy, high-volume but friendly environment that will suit an organised and professional person with passion for organic agriculture, community development, a great eye for detail and plenty of team spirit.
Communication Manager Job At SAT, June 2020
Job Title: Communication Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative communication manager who loves portraying the work SAT is doing. The person should have interest in organic agriculture and creating stories with words and pictures to inspire people for the work of SAT.
The communication manager is responsible for conveying Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) its internal and external messages. He/she will communicate SAT’s activities and achievements to the organic movement and to other relevant stakeholders.
The goal is to run the Communication Department to allow the organisation to build and strengthen partnerships in Tanzania and outside the country. The objective is to present SAT as a vibrant organisation to stakeholders, interested parties and to the public, to share success stories of organic farmers through our website, social media and our newsletter, to advertise SAT services, to support grant applications and to enable and foster communication among staff and SAT farmers. For being able to achieve this in an excellent way, the communication manager will be close to the Operations and Programme CEOs, so that he/she can feel the heartbeat of the organisation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor or master’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism, or any other relevant field,
- Experience in working as communication manager in a reputable organization,
- Proven record of successful communication and fundraising is an added advantage,
- Strong passion for sustainable agriculture,
- Must be an excellent team player,
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili,
- Excellent social media skills,
- Have basic software skills for layout (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and homepage design (WordPress),
- Photography skills,
- Being profound in proofreading,
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Public Relations
- Create awareness about SAT through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), through a periodically updated homepage and through bimonthly email newsletters
- Maintain current contact details of relevant journalists, respond to media inquiries, and prepare media statements and compile press kits
- Advertise SAT Farmer Training Courses, FairCarbon4Us and other relevant consulting services
- Research and prepare relevant subject matters, write speeches and prepare presentations
- Communicate with private donors from Europe (letter of thanks, pictures, small reports, phone calls…)
- Organize for and welcome donors and other guests and introduce them to the organisation
- Support preparation of proposals for SAT for grants, awards and fellowships
- Attend meetings and read staff reports to be aware about the current activities
- Proof-reading of project reports
- Guide the preparation of the annual report
- Planning and Monitoring
- Develop a yearly plan for communication department (incl. Budget)
- Prepare internal and external communications plans and policies
- Monitor progress and activities of the department (e.g. Activity plan)
Applications must be sent in soft copy to [email protected]. Communication Portfolio, CV including current contacts of three references, copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials all submitted before 23rd June 2020 (midnight EAT). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Communication Manager Job At SAT, June 2020