Zonal Treasury Dealer – Northern Zone (Arusha, Kilimanjaro & Tanga) at NMB Bank November, 2020
- To grow the zonal Foreign Exchange portfolio of clients both Wholesale and Retail
- To grow the Zonal NFI through maximizing the Geographic potential and Competitive advantages of the key economic activities of the area and link them to Treasury products.
- Grow the zonal treasury FX income in line with prudent dealing processes and procedures
- Grow the zonal treasury FX volumes by working jointly with RMs, ROs, BMs and MCEs in cross selling to existing and approaching new to bank customers
- Grow the zonal treasury NFI through identification of potential customers of other Global Markets products including Bond trading, Advisory and Custody
- Approach and build healthy relationships with customers to become preferred point of contact in all their Treasury related needs.
- Build and grow a strong customer base within the zone both Wholesale and Retail for the sustainance of the Zonal Treasury income
- Develop close contacts with various stakeholders (i.e. Retail Banking, SME Relationship Managers, Branch network) that are key in serving FX clients within the zone.
- Plan joint visits to respective stakeholders to potential and existing customers weekly
- Engage in cross-sales of Bank’s products through various banks’ customer events.
- Analyze customer business performance to identify opportunities for structured products offerings with relevant stake holders within the zone.
- Study and analyze business trends including key economic activities that drives cross boarder business within the zone and position the bank ahead of competition.
- Plan, develop training schedules with all the branches within the zone to upskill them on the various changing Macro and Micro economic trends that are of importance to the overall cross boarder and Treasury business at large.
- Assess performance foreign exchange business within the zone on weekly and monthly basis and share it with the respective ZM for deliberation and Treasury
- Conduct dealing with customers optimally and diligently while adhering to the global accepted best practices as well as local regulations and guidelines set by BOT.
- Manage and guide branches on all FX transactions of the zone end to end to ensure settlements and reduce attritions.
- Approach and negotiate favorably with customers to the bank’s benefit, on all their treasury related needs
- Conduct dealing in line with processes and procedures of the bank
- Come up with initiatives that are cross functional and innovative that can grow Treasury related business within the zone.
Skills and knowledge
- Cross boarder business understanding, Risk management and International trade.
- Technical skills: Macro and Micro-economics drivers, Financial Markets fundamentals, Banking laws, financial risk management tools, BOT circulars & guidelines on financial markets, ACI model code.
- Behavioral skills: Aggressive, building relationships & partnerships, Communication, Team player, Decision-making, strong negotiation skills, Planning & organizing, self-starter.
- Soft Skills: Financial management, Analytical and attentive to details, strong computer skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Banking, Accounting, Economics or Finance or other related studies from recognized higher learning institutions.
- 3 years’ experience in a treasury function of a financial institution, with exposure to banking operations and financial markets.
- ACI certification is a must
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020