JOB TITLE: Zonal Sales Manager
Company Name Multichoice Tanzania
- Implement the sales strategy for the zone to achieve business growth objectives
- Use customer insights to identify and evaluate strategic and innovative revenue generating sales initiatives
- Develop a road map to identify the sales pattern in the given zone taking into consideration factors that serve as threats and opportunities.
- Launch viable zone sales projects in support of business objectives
- Drive the transformation of the ‘Join Phase’ improved customer experience from sale to installation.
- Implement/monitor Channels Growth roadmap
- Monitor financial and performance targets of Channels
- Identify and grow different channels within the zone.
- Ensure all channels incentives are aligned with organizational goals.
- Develop a strong collaborative working relationship with all stakeholders across the zone.
- Harness new distribution opportunities with alternate channels
Sales Budget Management
- Utilize effectively sales activities budget
- Ensure financial plan depicts the best way to allocate resources to achieve the forecasted sales
- Maintain proper management and control of expenditures of resources necessary to achieve the target margin.
- Review regional expenses and recommend improvements where necessary
Accomplish zonal sales in assigned districts; communicating target expectations to dealers and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieve zonal sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives
- Recommend product lines and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors
- Implement trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending
- Manage team members to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from HR
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- Review and update the department’s organization structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from HR when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized