*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidae in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision Fund Tanzania Jobs 2020
- In collaboration with Advocacy/External Engagement (A&EE), Disaster Management EE&RD, and Public Engagement ,develops and successfully achieves external engagement strategy for sector.
- Maintain oversight of (and coordinate where needed) WV’s sectoral external engagement activities.
- Strengthen and expand strategic partnerships (with particular focus on the Sustainable Development Goals and child protection in humanitarian contexts at global level including multi-stakeholder partnerships, UN partnerships, multinational corporates and especially faith actors.
- Lead and coordinate efforts by WV to attain technical and strategic recognition and thought leadership position within the global worldwide sector.
- Identify shared objectives and initiatives with Global Capitals.
- Ensure alignment with A&EE and DM EE&RD (including on global policy positions), and GAM and Public Engagement (on resource development).
- Provide management support and advice for global policy agenda / global moment / campaign as per the Partnership strategy.
- With Director/Innovation, ensure WV’s technical resources and standards align with and/or exceed industry norms.
- Benchmark capabilities and deliverables, process and systems in CPP programme against market leaders, and build towards best of class.
- Identify key external influencers and networks to promote and inform future programme direction.
- Dynamic and relevant external engagement strategy for the sector.
- All sector staff engage in key relationships with external agencies as required by WV’s strategic priorities and advocacy, revenue and other goals.
- Key leaders and institutions as required by the strategic priorities and policy objectives of WV influenced to maximize child well-being.
- Reputation of WV amongst external stakeholders enhanced; with WV recognized as a technical leader in child protection.
- WV entities become a lot more outward oriented and collaborators.
- WV’s understanding of faith as an integral component of child protection is reflected in WV’s positioning and external collaborations; and WV is recognized as a leader in this area.
- Provide authoritative representation, technical, and policy advice to World Vision’s sector community of practice in order to enrich our understanding and external engagement in sector.
- Identify and build capacity of subject matter experts to represent sector externally.
- Ensure external representations by subject matter experts reflect WV’s integrated understanding of development and child well-being and faith identity.
- Communities of practice become a lot more connected with external experts and institutions.
- WV experts represent World Vision’s work in external forums and platforms.
- WV is recognized as a “first in class” organization in the global child protection/ending violence against children community.
Provide Global Stewardship:
- Support the global resource development strategy providing expertize, and actively.
- Donors increasingly select WV’s work for funding and impact positioning WV as a NGO of choice with key donors and stakeholders.
- Bring to bear evidence of World Vision’s contribution to Child Well-Being (CWB) in child protection in external relations for advocacy, donor relations and building WV’s reputation.
- Donor prepositioning is developed for National Office (NO) and Support Office (SO) entities.
- Increased influence for donor policies contributing to the child well-being, especially the most vulnerable.
- Ensure appropriate use of evidence of results from WV’s work with relevant external stakeholders.
- Strategic influential communication of WV’s impact, reach, evidence, and ongoing learning in child protection with important stakeholders.
Promote WV Way:
- Serve as relationship manager and cultivate specific partnerships with all multi-lateral agencies and work closely with WV A&EE and DM EE&RD (especially global capitals) team to realize WV’s sector strategy.
- Provide management support and advice for global policy agenda / global mobilization/ advocacy campaign as per the Partnership strategy.
- Oversees and coordinates closely with Support Offices’ sector team engagement and partners.
- WV’s policy positions are well informed of the external landscape and internal programming experience from the sector perspective.
- WV’s policy positions represented accurately in relation with external stakeholders.
- Relationship development and management of key global platforms and partners in the sector.
- Ensure alignment with A&EE, DM EE&RD, GAM, and Public Engagement (Comms).
- Support global campaign and other A&EE global ministries.
- Ensure that external engagement tools and processes (as developed by A&EE) are integrated into sector practice.
- Support Partnership Strategy strategic imperative on partnering and collaboration.
- Represents WV in selected networks, associations, and boards as appropriate, to ensure WV is at the forefront of the global sector debate.
- Identify key networks and associations such as [xxx] and seek WV representation and participation.
- Keep abreast of latest developments and innovations in the broader sector that is relevant to WV and share them internally.
- World Vision is represented well in key external forums participates in networks, working groups, coalitions and formal partnership as appropriate.
- World Vision staff are well supported in their external engagement efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or International Development.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Proven skills and experience in external engagement that contributes to change in policy and practice and builds s industry reputation.
- 10 years’ work experience with an International Development Organisation, Corporation or Government in the field of external relations, communications and or policy influencing.
- Experience of working in partnership with International Development Organisations through networks, coalitions and partnerships on policy themes related to sector.
- Experience in working with faith actors and on faith related issues.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Deadline: 18th August, 2020.