VAS Supervisor At CRDB Bank PLC Tanzania, November 2020
Responsible for Self-service / Channels systems support, implementation of new and enhancements of second level day by day support of all channels systems i.e Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Agent Banking, SMS Service and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) integrations with internal and external systems.
- Supervise and provide technical support and monitoring of the Digital Channel systems.
- Supervise support by 24 hours on call support and supervise day-to-day support of these systems.
- Document and analyse technical specifications for changes and projects.
- Review updates, test and implement changes and/or enhancements in compliance with the Change Management Policy.
- Supervise and execute System integration testing and subsequent implementation of system upgrades, hotfixes, patch releases.
- Cordinate interventions by vendors and ccommunication to all key stakeholders.
- Provide end-user support; investigate, troubleshoot, document, and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Configure hardware, Digital Systems, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Supervise the daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Supervise the backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up to the appropriate destination(s).
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant IT degree from a reputable University.
- At least one professional qualification in ITSM related area (i.e. ITIL).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at ICT Supervisor role in a bank of similar size and scale.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supporting Self-Service/ Digital Channels in organizations of similar size and scale.
- Experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative.
- Technical knowledge of Digital Channels solutions.
- Good knowledge in operating systems such as windows and Linux