VACANCY FOR BOARD MEMBERS
Our client MKOMBOZI COMMERCIAL BANK PLC (MKCB), is a leading commercial bank in Tanzania established in 2009. The bank provides banking solutions to growing, medium sized and large companies, institutional investors, financial institutions and government entities. The bank attained an important milestone when it was listed on the Dar es salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) in 2014
The Bank seeks to provide high quality financial services in a sustainable and socially responsible
manner to support financial inclusion, contribute to economic development and meet stakeholders’ s expectations.
The bank is seeking to recruit two (2) reputable and dynamic non- Executive Board members each with expertise and practical experience in legal practices or banking which is important in supporting the growth ambitions of the Bank effectively.
The names of aspiring and qualifying candidates will be forwarded to the Annual General Meeting for voting.
The new Board Members will be expected to add value and expertise to help drive the continued growth of the Bank with the following responsibilities:
- To determine the Bank’s vision, mission and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure the Bank grows in a sustainable manner.
- Selection, appointment, supporting, assessing and monitoring Senior Management in execution of policy, strategy and operations through setting clear goals.
- Select and appoint the Managing Director of the Bank, review and evaluate his/her performance regularly and offer guidance.
- Determine proper financial management practices and approving annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Understanding and considering the interest of shareholders and relevant stakeholders.
- To be well-informed about Bank matters, be well-prepared for meetings and actively participate in annual evaluation and planning activities.
- Ensure procedures and practices are in place to protect the Bank’s Assets and reputation.
- Ensure the Bank complies with all relevant laws, regulations and codes of best practices.
- The technology and systems used by the Bank are adequate to properly run the Bank for it to compete through efficient use of its assets, processes and human resources.
- Oversee the risk management process of the bank and ensure the bank responds appropriately to risks in order to enhance shareholder value in the long run.
- Expert and professionals in either law or banking practice, with current knowledge of the local and/or international banking sector.
- Not involved as a member of the Management or Board of Directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
- Clean credit record, good track record of integrity and ethical conduct, committed to advancing the best interests of MKCB.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience at directors/senior management level, preferably in financial services with at least five (5) of those in banking industry.
- Demonstrate good background of good leadership, management, and governance in either public or private entities dealing in law and banking.
- Must not hold any office, position or employment in any bank or financial institution while serving as member of management and during the two-year period from the date when such a member ceases to be a member of management.
- Good character and healthy, high caliber and aged between forty (40) years to sixty (60) years.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and a covering letter by 10th May, 2021 stating why you wish to be considered for the role, by email to [email protected] Your covering letter should show how you meet each of the relevant requirements and qualification as highlighted.
Only Prospective candidates who best meet our requirements will be invited for interview. We understand that with the ongoing COVID-19 challenges we may not be able to have face-to-face interview, we will therefore make alternative arrangements for those who may not be available for face-to-face interviews.
MKCB is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all individuals.