- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Plumber in the Facilities Management Section.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Duties US Embassy Tanzania Jobs 2020, Plumber
Installation and Maintenance of equipment: 25%
Installs Domestic electric and solar water heaters, installs and maintains water distribution lines and equipment and work from engineering drawings, installs and troubleshoots and repairs underground pipe connections up to 10 inches or 250 MM in diameter, installs copper pipes, CPC pipes, UPVC pipes, Galvanized pipes, Cast Iron pipes, ductile iron pipes, and all pressure pumps up to 250 horsepower. Maintain, repair and install all types of plumbing equipment including lavatories, sinks, cisterns and bathtubs.
Maintenance of bathroom fixtures and accessories: 25%
Maintenance of Reverse Osmosis, water Storage Tanks drainage systems etc.: 25%
Assists in maintaining Reverse Osmosis, Water Storage Tanks, Tank Farms, Sewage Effluent Lift Stations, Grease Traps, Storm Drainage System, underground fuel systems, and wastewater plants no matter where on USG property they are located. Conduct plumbing preventive maintenance. Coordinates with water supply authority when necessary. Operate and keep track of the performance of the Portable Water treatment plant (PWTP) Reverse Osmosis (RO) Plant, Waste Water treatment plant (WWTP) and Pump stations at the Embassy.
Records maintenance and Coordination: 25%
Maintain records of all materials used for plumbing work at the embassy and on site. Work with manufacturers’ manuals and technical drawings, from blueprints and drawings as necessary. Carry out welding and soldering assignments for the works at the Embassy and residences. Works with masons to fit all necessary piping.
Performs job activities and duties in a responsible manner to avoid the creation of safety or health hazards; Conforms to established safety and health policies and procedures; properly utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment as required by job activity;informs supervisor of all accidents, illnesses and injuries; promptly reports unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Job holder will perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Three years plumbing experience in water distribution pumps and water treatment in industrialized and residential type plumbing is required.JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge in practices and procedures in plumbing wastewater treatment, pumping and potable water treatment and use of other trade’s craft tools is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School (Form IV) is required. Completion of 2 years vocation training in plumbing is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge in English language and Fluent in Kiswahili language is required. (this may be tested).SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have valid driver’s license class B&D
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info US Embassy Tanzania Jobs 2020, Plumber
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Certificate of Secondary school
- Copy of Trade School -Vocation training certificate
- Copy of Passport/Voters ID or National ID
- Copy of Residency (if not a resident of TZ)
- Work Permit (if not a citizen of TZ)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 07, 2020