Underground Fitter At Geita Gold Mine, January 2020
Ajira Tanzania 2020, Ajira Mpya 2020, Nafask Za Kazi 2020
Job Title: Underground Fitter
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client&s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance. The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients. In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
This position is responsible for Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems, breakdown repairs and servicing of heavy mining equipment as guided by your immediate supervisor and trainer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
2. Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
3. Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
4. Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
5. Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
6. Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
7. Must Work to minimize equipment downtime and maximize productivity.
8. Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to:
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner;
- Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
9. Carries out schedule servicing to mobile equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with the service sheet.
10. Utilize skill and experience to create minimum downtime on machinery.
11. Ensure correct recording of maintenance is achieved.
12. Maintain a high level of housekeeping in workshop and working areas at all times, ensure all parts are kept at minimum stock levels.
13. Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals.
14. Report all equipment faults to the Maintenance Supervisor / Foreman for scheduling into the workshop.
15. Ensure site and maintenance procedures are maintained.
- Previous experience working within the UG mining industry essential.
- Strong background working with underground mobile mining equipment, including makes such as
- Caterpillar, Normet, Sandvik, Mercedes, Toyota, RCT and Volvo.
- At least 2 years post apprenticeship experience.
- High degree of skill in troubleshooting problems on mining equipment.
- Good knowledge of loader and truck maintenance.
- Competent on Auto Electrics, Hydraulic Circuits and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Excellent service and maintenance approach to the job.
- Willingness to learn to improve skills and gain further experience on mobile equipment.
- Tanzanian Heavy Vehicle Class Driver’s License.
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Completion of secondary school
- Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 20th January 2020, 18hr00.