Application Deadline: May 1st 2021
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Awards shine a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you are leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, we want to hear from you!
Requirements UNFCC 2021 UN Global Climate Action Awards
- Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2021 winning activity.
- Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2021;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- A dedicated page about your project on our website; and professional photography.
*Winning projects under the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment and Climate Champions categories will need to be self-funded to the conference and provide their own video and photo materials.
Three key areas
CLIMATE NEUTRAL NOW: Recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality. Learn more
FINANCING FOR CLIMATE FRIENDLY INVESTMENT: Recognizing successful financial innovations and funding mechanisms that are unlocking climate finance and building capacity. Learn more
CLIMATE LEADERS: Recognizing transformational efforts by governments at all levels (national, provincial, state, city, town) that are moving the needle on climate change. Learn more
Winning activities will be officially recognized and celebrated during an award ceremony and a series of special events at the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland (COP 26) in November 2021.
For More Information: