UDSM Call For Applications 2021/2022. Applications are invited from qualified candidates wishing to pursue Bachelor Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates of the University of Dar es Salaam. All prospective applicants can start lodging their applications online at https://udsm.admission.ac.tz from 15th June 2021.
UDSM Call For Applications 2021/2022
APPLICATIONS INTO BACHELOR DEGREES WILL INVOLVE:
a) Direct entry Applicants
- Form Six applicants; and
- Form Six applicants with foreign certificates (e.g. Cambridge, IB-Diploma etc.) recognized by NECTA as equivalent to Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination.
b) Equivalent Qualifications Applicants
- Applicants with Diploma in teacher education;
- Applicants with Full Technician Certificates (FTC);
- Applicants who completed their Ordinary Diploma in technical education (NTA Level 6);
- All applicants with other diplomas (non-NTA level 6) from Tanzanian institutions recognized by TCU/NACTE; and
- All applicants with diplomas from outside Tanzania which have been recognized by TCU/NACTE
General Minimum Entry Requirements for Bachelor Degrees
(a) Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at Credit level obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) or equivalent;
AND (Direct Applicants)
(b) Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) with two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points in Two Subjects defining the admission into the respective programme.
1. For all Applicants except Graduates of 2014 and 2015:
- A = 5; B = 4; C = 3; D = 2; E = 1; S = 0.5 and F = 0 point
- The minimum Principal in this case is an ‘E’ grade.
2. For graduates of 2014 and 2015:
- A = 5; B+ = 4; B = 3; C = 2; D = 1; E = 0.5 and F = 0 point.
- The minimum Principal in this case is a ‘D’ grade.
3. For Arts programmes:
- Principal Level Passes in appropriate subjects in the A.C.S.E.E. or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5
4. Principal level passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are not counted OR (Equivalent Applicants)
An appropriate equivalent Diploma of a GPA not less than 3.5 for Ordinary Diplomas or B average for Teacher Education and Health Related diplomas or Distinction for unclassified awards or B grade for Full Technician Certificates or Upper Second Class for non-NTA diplomas obtained from a college which is fully registered by TCU/NACTE and approved by the UDSM Senate.
NOTE: Entry qualifications into Diploma and Certificates along with detailed Entry Requirements for Bachelor Degrees can be obtained from the admission guidebooks and specific announcements downloadable from https://udsm.ac.tz/
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications are processed through the Online Admission System of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM-OLAS) at www.udsm.admission.ac.tz. Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of ten thousand Tanzanian shillings (TZS 10,000) for Tanzanians. All payments may be done through banks or mobile payment i.e. M-Pesa, Tigo-Pesa, Halopesa, T-pesa and Airtel-Money after obtaining a control number.
Applicants based abroad will be allowed to get through the electronic application process without payment but they will be required to pay 10 USD upon arrival.
It is an offence to submit false information when applying for admission. Applicants who will be discovered to have submitted fake certificates or any other false information will not be considered and appropriate legal actions will be taken against them.
UDSM is an “Equal Opportunity” institution of higher learning, committed to a policy of student admission regardless of one’s race, ethnicity, religion, gender or disability
For more information Download Attached PDF file UDSM Call For Applications 2021/2022