Tutorial Assistant (ColCT) at University of Dar es Salaam August, 2020
- COMMUNICATION TECH NOLOGIES (ColCT)
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engi neering Field: Telecommunication Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electronics Science and Communications/ Communication Engineering 1 Position – Tutorial Assistant
- Lecturer must possess PhD plus a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
- Assistant Lecturer must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
- Tutorial Assistant must possess a Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 3.8.
Main Duties for:-
- Carries out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate and postgraduate examinations
- Mentoring junior staff in relevant fields
- Participates /contributes in curriculum development
- Participates in developing and managing various university/ constituent college activities;
- Conducts research and publish/disseminate results
- Carries out consultancy and community services
- Writes teaching manuals and compendia
- Supervises field practicals, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/theses
- Attends /organize workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Performs any work of the University as assigned by relevant authorities
- Carries out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for unq dergraduate programmes
- Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate examinations
- Assists senior staff in lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practi cals for postgraduate programmes
- Supervises projects and practical training for undergraduate students
- Conducts research and publishes results;
- Carries out consultancy and public service
- Undergoes postgraduate training to PhD level
- Participates in relevant workshops and conferences; and
- To perform any other relevant duties assigned by one’s superior
- Under-studies senior members of academic staff by attending their lectures seminars, tutorials and practicals
- Carries out seminars, tutorials and practicals
- Assists in research, consultancy and public service
- Performs any other relevant duties assigned by one’s supe rior; and
- Undergoes postgraduate training for the master’s degree
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Permanent and pensionable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
- Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they apply.
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their re spective employers.
- All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Ad vanced level education should be verified by The National Exam ination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Presentation of forged certificates & other information will neces sitate to legal action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091,
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for receiving applications is 31 August, 2020