Treasury Manager. The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent. The group employs more than 30,000 people, generating revenue in excess of US$4.1 billion in 2017
JOB TITLE: Treasury Manager
LOCATION: Mtwara, Tanzania
The purpose of the role is to adequately plan and ensure the funding requirements of the company’s operations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Deputise for Chief Finance Officer.
- Implement the company treasury and credit control policy in Tanzania, working with the Group Treasury and Group Finance teams accordingly, in such implementations.
- Internal Controls. Ensure adequate and effective internal controls over payments (post payables stage), collections, treasury reporting and assets of the company.
- Liquidity risk management. Working closely with the Chief Finance Officer, the Financial Controller, and the Group Treasury team, ensure that the company is properly funded in the short, and medium term to meet operational requirements, loan repayments and interest payments and capital expenditure
- Forex risk management. Working closely with the Chief Finance Officer, the Financial Controller, and the Group Treasury team, ensure that the company’s forex requirement is proactively planned for.
- Bank relations. Maintaining sound day to day relationship with all banking partners and ensuring that all banking covenants and commitments are adhered to and reported on time and all documentation (facilities and otherwise) are up to date and sound.
- Treasury reporting. The role oversees all treasury reports internally and to the Group.
- Staff development. Developing all direct reports including on the job training.
- Any other duties. Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the job holder.
Academics and Work Experience:
- Degree and professional qualification in Accountancy (CPA, ACA, ACCA and/or equivalent Treasury qualification).
- A minimum of Nine (9) years experience in Finance, Audit or Control, of which at least 3 years’ experience in a senior management position are an advantage.
- Sound understanding of basic computer packages and a good understanding of ERPs, specifically SAP.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Good sound understanding of our business and it operations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Training and Development.