Travel & Transport Manager
Ready to score?
You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organizing the biggest celebration of African football: Total Energies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021.
CAF is looking for a Travel & Transport Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations will begin from January 9 to February 6, 2022, with six stadiums set to host the games across five cities in Cameroon.
This role is a temporary contract running until end of February 2022 and will be based in Yaoundé.
· Understand and assist in the implementation of detailed Transport Plans in all the areas under his/her responsibility.
· Maintain a master schedule of at least 6 months with all Transport Movements (Ground and Air).
· Implement CAF Requirements in the Transport Area for movements of teams, delegates, equipment, etc.
· Establish a visa process with the local authorities and execute all visa requests as per the process.
· Centralize all constituent groups transport needs and service levels and allocate fleet accordingly.
· Execute all Transport Plans for all events leading up to the main tournament (CAF visits, draw, promotional events, etc.)
· Oversee the Transport Operations in all 5 Venues during the tournament.
· Liaise with the LOC Travel Agency for the day-to-day requirements in terms of air travel, ground transport, etc.
· Work with Central and State Government Departments for assistance from local traffic police, security, vehicle movements, etc.
· Work with the Operations team to identify possible solutions for the
transportation issues that each stadium, training sites and hotels may present.
· Be the main point of contact for all the contractors’ vendors in the transport area.
- Daily updates and reports about the state of progress in the transport area.
- Plan the ‘Vehicle Access and Parking Permit (VAPP)’ system design, structure and categorization and develop the ‘VAPP Plan’.
- Liaise with Bus and Fleet Management, venues, sites, and facilities sub-projects for updates on the latest operational needs and requirements.
- Any other duties that may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years’ experience in Mega Events or Sports.
- Fluent in English & French Languages, both written and spoken, is a Must.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a Must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity with high level of proactivity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Manage working under pressure.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, age, and nationality.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration, please send your C.V. to [email protected]
Application deadline 10/08/2021