Transnet Young Professional in Training Programme 2021. The purpose of the Young Professional in Training (YPT) position is to increase the available pool of resources and skills within the ICT Department first focusing mainly on Mobile Champion role. The programme is scheduled to run for 2 years where the YPT will also be exposed to other related ICT activities.
Transnet Young Professional in Training Programme 2021 Elements
Key Focus Areas:
The YPT will be provided with the following training and/or exposure:
- Attend TPL Quarterly Cost Meetings and ICT Cost Management Meetings
- Prepare/create SAP purchase requisitions for invoices and procurement of items as required by CIO and management of
the ICT functions, etc.
- Verify contractor timesheets and hourly rate charged against contract and invoice billed
- Ensure accuracy and timeous processing of ICT invoices from ICT service providers for payment by Finance
- Ensure cost baselines are signed off for ICT services
- Process payment of project costs to appropriate project sanction number
- Liaise with ICT service providers on outstanding invoices to timeously resolve queries, etc.
- Liaise with Procurement and Finance Depts. on issues relating to ICT budget and processing of ICT invoices
- Ensure all invoices on statements for ICT vendors are addressed timeously and approved by responsible ICT
- Investigate invoice queries, prepare and ensure accruals are raised for work completed in that month in reference to the
Purchase Order issued
- Cost Management – prepare and capture budget on SAP and monitor departmental Operating and Capital Budgets
- Track actual postings on each GL against budgeted cash flows and report on any deviations and correct misallocations
- Review telephone expenses, print costs for departments and address concerns as well as administering and monitoring all
ICT departmental telephone usage and cost
- Prepare journal for Business Connexion copy charges against TPL cost centers
- Monitor and set reminder for the renewal of ICT Software Licenses and follow up with responsible personnel for proper
documentation for renewals
- Managing ICT SAP Contracts and set reminder for renewal
- Extraction of SAP figures and preparation of Opex and Capex Financial reports on a monthly basis
- Maintain a well-organized and easily referenced filling system for invoices and financial reports
- Other related ICT activities as assigned from time to time by the line manager/mentor
Formal Training (depending on the interest of the YPT):
- Operating Cost Budget Training
- SAP Controlling-Management Accounting (Cost Centre training)
Additional training will be determined based on requirements
The YPT’s will each be required to deliver a 6 monthly presentation on tasks and/or projects they were involved in and training during that period. The YPT will also provide insight into the experience, knowledge and skills developed as a result of the exposure gained during their time at TPL.
For More Information: