Thomas A. Plein Endowed Scholarship.The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage and support citizens of The United States of America who are enrolled in an Approved Program administered by the Schools of Business, Economics or Law at The University of Queensland.
Thomas A. Plein Endowed Scholarship
In these rules – Approved Program means a program administered by the Schools of Business, Economics and Law at The University of Queensland. Executive Dean means the Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
Scholarship means the Thomas A.Plein Endowed Scholarship. BEL Faculty means the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
Value and award of the Scholarship
- The value of the Scholarship will not be less than $3,000, but will be limited to the annual income from the endowment fund.
- A number of scholarships may be awarded each year on recommendation of the Executive Dean.
Eligibility for award
An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship if the applicant:-
- is a citizen of The United States of America;
- is an international student in accordance with The University’s Fee Policy;
- is enrolled full-time in an Approved Program; and
- submits an application to the Executive Dean by the closing date for applications.
For the selection process, the Executive Dean must establish a selection committee, comprising
- the Executive Dean, or nominee, as chair of the committee; and
- a representative of the Thomas A Plein Foundation; and
- a representative of the Advancement Team from the BEL Faculty.
In making its recommendation the selection committee will take into account –
- academic achievement; and
- demonstrated financial need; and
- any other evidence which may be deemed relevant.
Applicants may be interviewed.
Conditions for Scholarship
(1) The recipient may hold the Scholarship for up to 1 year subject to the recipient:
(a) remaining enrolled as a full-time student; and
(b) remaining enrolled in the same Approved Program that they were enrolled in at the time of
(c) achieving a GPA of at least 4 in the first semester that the Scholarship is held.
(2) If the recipient fails to satisfy rule (1) the recipient must show cause to the Head why the
Scholarship should not be cancelled.
For more information Visit official Webpage Thomas A. Plein Endowed Scholarship