JOB TITLE: Technical Advisor SRHR Services
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people can choose their own paths forward.
- 2 ICT Risk & Compliance specialist at CRDB Bank January, 2021
- 2 Relationship Manager, SME at NMB Bank, January 2021
Pathfinder has collaborated with the government of Tanzania on the development, refinement and establishment of health and community-based programs for FP, HIV/AIDS, and including maternal and newborn health for more than 6 decades. In collaboration with the Government of Tanzania through MOHCDGEC and PORALG Pathfinder is currently in the process of supporting expansion comprehensive post abortion care program in Tanzania. The organization is seeking for a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced expert to support lead execution of this national level system strengthening program to enhance delivery of quality cPAC services in Tanzania. With a primary focus on service delivery, the project will improve the quality and availability of post-abortion care services in public sector health facilities of Tanzania. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible in provision of technical support to other relevant projects in the country. To support the service delivery focus of the project, Pathfinder will also collaborate with other key players at national level investing in service-seeking behaviors.
Technical Advisor SRHR Services
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Technical Advisor shall manage the full project lifecycle from initiation through analysis and development to organization-wide rollout and training. Ensures the success of the project by putting in place sound project and program management practices. Creates and executes project work plans and reports, manages project staff, and budgets, monitors and evaluates outcomes for on-time delivery. Works with a multi-disciplinary team and serves as the Pathfinder spokesperson on behalf of the project to promote the project goals, achievements, and strengths to key stakeholders.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Project Work Plans and Execution: Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Enforces project standards. Ensures all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Project Status Reports: Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures. Submits regular status project reports. Addresses issues and resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Project Budget: Manages project budget. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses regularly. Manages and reports budget to actual variance on hours and cost
- Project Meetings: Holds regular status meetings with project team. Keeps project team well informed of changes within the project and organization. Communicates relevant project information to project leads. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Communicates difficult/sensitive information. Facilitates team meetings.
- Project Schedules: Manages the project schedule and schedules for Pathfinder staff related to the project. Plans and schedules to align resources and deliverables. Serves as the primary point of contact for exceptions and rescheduling.
- Staff Development: Trains other team members using train the trainer approach. Approves team members’ time and expense reports. Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and design SRHR and ISS & CB projects and services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting and project workplan and scale-up.
- Partner Management: Manages day-to-day partner interactions.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the countries’ public health systems and SRH programs.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and System Strengthening and Capacity Building (SSCB). Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities funded by different donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge of operations and project financial oversight Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, community development, marketing, social sciences or related discipline.
- Medical background, Doctor of Medicine degree, Degree in Midwifery
- Demonstrated experience implementing large scale projects delivering SRHR services including FP and Comprehensive Post abortion care (cPAC) is needed.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in international development organizations implementing sexual and reproductive health programs,
- Prefer: Experience with programs implemented by multiple partners
- Prefer: Experience in project design, planning and management
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on February 5,2021.
Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.