Ajira Ualimu 2020, Teachers Jobs, Head Teacher at Geita Gold Mining (GGML) December, 2019, Ajira Ualimu Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international g« producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing to1 of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to til in vacant position(s) mentioned below.
Position: Head Teacher
Job Number: GGM-2019-TR -07
Number of Positions: 01
Works For: HSE & Training Manager
Qualifications: Bachelor of Education Degree (BEd.) or Higher Diploma in Education (HDE, 4 Year)
Experience: Required Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor of Education Degree (BED.) or Higher Diploma in Education (HDE, 4 Year).
• A minimum of 5 year’s International school experience
• 5 years’ experience in using an internationally recognized curriculum, such as: IPC, MYP, PYP, Cambridge Primary Curriculum, British National Curriculum
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as Head of Department Experience
• Excellent written and spoken English (First Language)
Purpose of the Role: To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational leadership in order to maintain the quality of teaching at Geita Gold International School so that every child is able to fulfill his/her potential.
• To Lead and manage the school
• To continuously develop, creative and responsive approaches to teaching and learning
• To ensure the achievement of excellent educational standards
• To promote and safeguard the welfare of faculty members.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
TEACHING and LEARNING
• Teaching and learning policy in place that adheres to the school purpose, vision and value
• Ensure that there is an effective assessment, recording and reporting system of pupil progress.
• Quality assurance for report writing across the whole school (Nursery to Year 6).
• Promote a culture of encouragement, support and challenge in order to achieve each child’s full potential and the highest possible educational standards
• Give a high priority to the further development of a wide range of teaching and learning opportunities.
• Ensure that a system for monitoring and developing the quality assurance of teaching and learning is in place
• Ensure that statutory requirements for the International Primary Curriculum are met
• Provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
• Take Guardianship of the curriculum, pastoral care and administration of the school all of which should be appropriate to the pupils’ experience, interest and aptitudes.
• Embed IPC and concept of ‘internationalism and globalism’ in learning and encourage new developments in the curriculum in the context of local, national and international initiatives.
• Teach various timetabled lessons and lead extracurricular activities
• Lead the swimming activities and coach swimming successfully
• Overview of planning quality to facilitate culture of review and improvement.
• Creation and maintenance of Teaching and Learning Policy (Quality Assurance)
• Collation and review of schemes of work
• Report regularly to the School Advisory Committee regarding students’ progress in Teaching and Learning
• Assume the position of Secretary in the School Advisory committee
LEADING and MANAGING STAFF.
• Liaise with Human Resources, Head of Department HSECT and Managing Director of Geita Gold Mine in the recruitment and selection of teaching and support staff.
• Maximize the contribution of all staff to improving the quality of education provided and standards achieved.
• Manage effectively the deployment and performance of all staff.
• Ensure that the requirements for Performance Management arc fully in place.
• Create and maintain good working relationships amongst all members of the school community.
• Uphold motivation
• Promote the school’s ethos in which the highest standards are expected from all members of the school community.
• Ensure that professional duties are fulfilled as specified in the School Teachers Role Descriptions.
• Have a duty of care regarding staff welfare.
• Encourage initiative and team work.
• Provide an effective Professional Development Learning programme that enables teacher improvement, aimed at improving student learning outcomes.
• Leader of Professional Development and Learning programme
• Undergo and complete PER Reviews
• Lead Staff meetings
• In charge of Professional Development and Appraisal Process
• Organizing extracurricular Professional Development
• Adhere to guidelines required to maintain CIS Accreditation.
• Plan, manage and monitor the curriculum within the agreed budget, setting appropriate priorities for expenditure allocating funds and ensuring effective administration control.
• Ensure the regular monitoring of the budget.
• Ensure that financial regulations are adhered to.
• Manage and organize the school environment efficiently and effectively to ensure that it meets the needs of the curriculum and health and safety requirements.
• Ensure that the allocation and use of the school environment provides a positive learning space that promotes the highest achievements for all.
• Monitor and evaluate value for money.
• Child safety, ensuring Teachers arc vetted via GGM
• Seek to secure adequate resources for the school.
• Contacting GGM Main site on a regular basis to follow up on orders
• Contacting external sources where necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES (HEALTH AND SAFETY AND GENERAL ADMINISTRATE TASKS)
• Liaison with HSE & T and Mchauru Workshop to ensure school equipment is up to date.
• Ensuring playground is safe and make sure to identify and act upon evident hazards
• Emails and letters to parents
• Chairing Parent Meetings
• Creating Timetables
• Creating Duty Roaster
• Creating Activity roaster
• Creating School Calendar
• Communicating school policy
• Enrolment Packages
• Maintaining the school Website
• Ensuring schools facilities are maintained.
SCHOOL PERFORMANCE and COMMUNITY
• Secure a positive working relationship with the School Advisory Committee
• Ensure that the school has a system for the collection and analysis of performance data to promote school improvement.
• Present a coherent and accurate record of the school’s performance in a form appropriate to a range of audiences.
• Ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about curriculum attainment and progress and are able to understand targets for improvement.
• Develop and encourage working partnerships with parents and care giver
• Develop and encourage good relations between the school and the local community, including International Schools within Tanzania and surrounding countries.
• Creation and maintenance of 3-5 Year Development Plan to be shared with HSET Head of Department, Managing Director and School Advisory Committee
• Maintain records of School accounts/receipts
• Develop and encourage good relations with and maintain affiliation with CIS, AISA, FIELDWORK, ACER, TISA and TAIS to ensure school retains membership and up to date with said organisations for quality assurance purposes.
It is the accountabilities of all employees to work according to the Company’s values.
To treat safety as our first value, to treat each other with dignity and respect, to value diversity, to be accountable for my actions and undertake to deliver on my commitments, to want the communities and societies in which we operate to be better off for Anglo Gold Ashanti having been here, and to respect the environment.
• Demonstrate Leadership and good team work must be able to solve problems.
• Be physically and mental fit and hard working
• Computer Literate — Proficiency in Micro Office products / Basic Computer Skills
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Application for Head Teacher and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 07th January, 2020 — 17hr30. Application Deadline: only short|isted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.