TCU Guidebooks 2021/2022 For Form Six And Diploma. The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) through its mandate as spelt out in Section (12) (2 (a) (b) (c) of the Universities Act Cap 346 of the laws of Tanzania, read together with Regulation 31 (2) (3) (4), coordinates the admission of students into Higher Learning Institutions (HLI) in Tanzania.
As it was in the previous academic years, in the current Admission Cycle applications will be submitted and handled by respective institutions.
Thus, all applicants are required to send applications directly to individual institutions. Higher Learning Institutions (HLIs) will directly receive and process applications, select and admit students into their institutions through their Senates/Boards. There after, HLIs will announce the admitted students prior to the submission to TCU for validation.
In order to facilitate the admission process, TCU has prepared the Undergraduate Admission Guidebook for 2021/2022 Academic Year as
a tool to guide TCU, HLIs and the Applicants on admission procedure as well as to control quality of students admitted into HLIs.
The book entails information on undergraduate programmes approved to admit students in 2021/2022 admission cycle. In each HLI, minimum entry requirements, institutional admission capacities, and duration of each programme are indicated.
An applicant is strongly advised to carefully read and understand the guidelines and programme admission requirements before lodging his/her application to the respective institutions.
Click Link Below For TCU Guidebooks 2021/2022
As approved in Section (12) (2) (a) (b) (c) of the Universities Act Cap 346 of the laws of Tanzania, read together with Regulation 31 (2) (3) (4), the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is mandated to coordinate admissions into Higher Learning Institutions (HLIs) in Tanzania. The coordination function entails the following:
1.1 Quality Assurance
Pursuant to Section 5(1)(b) of the Universities Act, Cap. 346, the Commission is required to audit, on regular basis, quality assurance mechanisms of Universities which include carrying out evaluation, assessment and monitoring of universities on a continuous basis and preparing guidelines for Quality Assurance and other related matters.
Accordingly, Section 16 of the Universities Act, Cap. 346, as amended by the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments), Act No. 3, 2013 the Commission is duly mandated by the law to charge/collect quality assurance fee. In view of these legal provisions, the Commission at its 64th regular meeting held on 3rd July, 2014 approved a Tshs. 20,000/= Quality Assurance Fee with effect from July, 2014. It is emphasized that every student has to pay the said quality assurance fees of TShs 20,000/= per year.
1.2 Entry Schemes into Degree Programmes
TCU recognizes four schemes for entry into degree programmes. These are as follows:
- The direct entry scheme for holders of Form Six Qualifications;
- The equivalent qualifications entry scheme for holders of Ordinary Diploma or Equivalent Qualifications; and
- Foundation Programme of the Open University of Tanzania entry scheme.
1.3 Admission Procedure
The admission procedure requires:
- All applicants to lodge their applications directly through institutions and channel all
application queries to the respective institutions;
- Applicants to carefully read and understand the guidelines and admission requirements for programmes they anticipate to apply for, provided in this book and on the websites of individual institutions;
- Applicants to ensure they have adequate information for the programmes and institutions of their choice, taking into account competition, one’s passes and career aspirations;
- Applicants to ensure that their names and index numbers used during application for admission match with those used during previous examinations;
- All applicants holding foreign qualifications to have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admissions as follows:
- The National Examinations Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates of secondary education and teacher education; and
- The National Council for Technical Education in respect of NTA level 6 qualifications.
- Applicants to use the current Undergraduate Admission Guidebook available on TCU website: www.tcu.go.tz for appropriate and updated information on all approved programmes, their capacities and entry requirements;
- Students to make adequate arrangements to meet the cost related to the programme being applied for; and
- ONLY applicants who meet the minimum entry qualifications (as stated in Table 1 and 2) to apply for admission