TCU Guide Book Diploma 2020/2021. As approved in Section (12) (2) (a) (b) (c) of the Universities Act Cap 346 of the laws of Tanzania, read together with Regulation 31 (2) (3) (4), the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is mandated to coordinate admissions into Higher Education Institutions
(HEIs) in Tanzania. The coordination function entails the following:
1.1 Quality Assurance
Pursuant to Section 5(1)(b) of the Universities Act, Cap. 346, the Commission is required to audit, on regular basis, quality assurance mechanisms of Universities which include carrying out evaluation, assessment and monitoring of universities on a continuous basis and preparing guidelines for Quality Assurance and other relatedmatters.
Accordingly, Section 16 of the Universities Act, Cap. 346, as amended by the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments), Act No. 3, 2013 the Commission is duly mandated by the law to charge/collect quality assurance fee.
In view of these legal provisions, the Commission at its 64th regular meeting held on 3rd July, 2014 approved a Tshs. 20,000/= Quality Assurance Fee with effect from July, 2014. It is emphasized that every student has to pay the said quality assurance fees of TShs 20,000/= peryear.
Entry Schemes into DegreeProgrammes
TCU recognizes three schemes for entry into degree programmes.
Recommended for you
These are as follows:
- The direct entry scheme for holders of Form SixQualifications;
- The equivalent qualifications entry scheme for holders of Ordinary Diploma or Equivalent Qualifications;and
- Foundation Programme of the Open University of Tanzania entry scheme.
The admission procedure requires:
- All applicants to lodge their applications directly through institutions and channel all
application queries to the respective institutions;
- Applicants to carefully read and understand the guidelines and admission requirements
TCU Guide Book Diploma 2020/2021