About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are seeking an individual who will assist OAF in the following areas:
- Team management: Manage a group of 3-4 Innovation Field Officers.
- Marketing and Enrollment: Support training of field officers in the best methods and strategies for effectively marketing products to farmers and emphasize the use of group leaders in marketing.
- Loan Repayment: Create a culture of repayment collection that is both respectful to the livelihoods of farming families and facilitates a regular, healthy path to a 100 % repayment completion.
- Technology innovations: Ensure all tech-related field issues raised by Field officers, farmers group leaders are reported to the tech supervisor and resolved in a timely manner.
- Training of Farmers: Act as quality control to ensure that the managed group of field officers deliver high-quality agriculture training to our farmers, in line with the latest research and agronomic advice.
- Reporting: Support field officers to record and use key performance indicators (KPIs) to prioritize their work plan.
- Stakeholders engagement: Act as a liaison between OAF and the field team to propose, implement and monitor an effective stakeholder engagement strategy e.g with government partners and other key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Agriculture, Business Management, Community Development) from a recognized university.
- Two years or more of progressive working experience with NGOs and communities. Experience working in rural communities or with farmers will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must be from the Southern Highland Zone (SHZ) or must have experience working in SHZ.
- Languages: Competent in verbal and written Swahili and English.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Skilled in people management with problem-solving skills and attention to results.
- Skilled in basic data analysis and interpretation of data reflecting daily responsibilities, as well as possess basic computer skills i.e MS Word, Excel, Internet, Email and Printing.
- Training skills, clear and excellent communication skills, belief in hardworking and integrity values.
- Skilled in time management and must be attentive to the result of his work and others.
This role will be both office and field-based (half office-based and half field-based)
Preferred Start Date
- As soon as possible
- Gross Salary 532,718- 550,000
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
- No; must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.