TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
2 Job Vacancies At Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC)
JOB TITLE: SUPPLIES OFFICER III -1 POSTS
To check goods against GRN before acceptance for storage.
- To keep complete, accurate and up to date records of stock movements of all items in the store.
- To keep stores and stocks in appropriate locations in good condition to minimize loss, obsolescence or damage.
- To ensure cleanliness and economy in utilization of storage spaces.
- To organize, supervise and control the purchasing functions and activities both locally and international.
- To maintain proper records of purchasing section to endure easy accessibility to past and present information on the activities of the section.
- To compute and determine the average stock consumption rates which will assist in assessing adequacy of stocks in given period.
- In cooperation with user departments assist initiation of the procurement process.
- To determine the purchase cost of materials by taking into consideration all costs embodied in procurement.
- In collaboration with the financial/ cost accounting division ascertain the value of stock balance to be incorporated in the final accounts as and when required, especially at the year end.
- NBMM professional level III or Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Mechanical) III
Report to: Chief Works Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate machine tools such as lather, milling boring, grinding, drilling and gear cutting machines.
- To calculate and set special machine tool operations e.g gear generation setting parameters and numerical control machines programming.
- To assist junior Artisans in the interpretation of complex manufacturing engineering drawings.
- To identify machine tool malfunction for proper reporting.
- To undertake safety measures of production personnel machine tools material handling and other facilities.
A holder of FTC/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution. The incumbent must have good passes in workshop Technology, production Technology and Machine element subject.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
Method of Application
Application should be sent to the:
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14th December, 2020 at 4.00 PM