IJR Sustained Dialogues Internship Programme 2021. The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000 in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. We are an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia. We employ a diverse team of professionals based at our office in Cape Town.
The Sustained Dialogue (SD) works in South Africa with various communities in different provinces. The programme works on the following areas: gender, youth, racism and social cohesion and human dignity.
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation’s Sustained Dialogues Programme seeks to recruit a dynamic individual as an intern, based in Cape Town with possible traveling Covid-19 permitting.
The purpose of this paid internship will be to work across the projects and assist with design and implementation as well as reporting of the projects.
Some of the responsibilities include assisting with,
- Ad hoc tasks like: Scanning, filing, printing and archiving
- Administrative tasks
- Assisting project leaders and senior project leaders
- Business development
- Community interviewing/ facilitation
- Desktop research
- Legacy project based on topic of personal interest based on SD work
- Writing Op-Eds
- Knowledge of how to operate audio-visual gadgets;
- Good communication skills;
- Understanding of grassroots communities in South Africa;
- Good writing skills;
- Computer literacy in all aspects of MS Office
- General Administrative Skills
- Ability to use initiative and judgment.
- Good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in a minimum of two of the eleven official languages in South Africa. Fluency in one of the indigenous languages will be an advantage;
- Confident and time conscious;
- Aware of socio-political issues in South Africa;
- Pro-active, responsible and accountable.
Qualifications: Honours degree (or in the process of completing Honours degree) in Social Science, politics or related discipline.
Document Requirements For IJR Sustained Dialogues Internship Programme 2021
- Submit your cover letter, a CV with two contactable references
- If you have not heard from us by end of May, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful. We encourage applications from historically disadvantaged individuals.
This position will only be offered to South African nationals or candidates with permanent residence status in South Africa.
Closing date: _15 April 2021.
Applications to be sent to: Felicity Harrison [email protected]
For More Information: