Superintendent Underground Mobile Equipment At North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Superintendent Underground Mobile Equipment to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Processing tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Underground Engineering Manager. This is a permanent role with the work roster being Forty Two days on, and twenty one days off
- Ensuring all activities are performed with a full commitment to health, safety, environmental and community standards and procedures
- The mentoring and training of the fleet maintenance team to provide a safe and efficient work environment
- Developing and managing maintenance strategy in order to achieve operational objectives, particularly, maintaining high equipment availability and reliability
- Determining the preventative maintenance and repair requirements of the mobile equipment fleet
- Identifying, implementing and reviewing equipment strategies, including quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of all results.
- Preparing the longer-term training program to keep all mechanical maintenance personnel up-to date in technical upgrades and improvements to maintenance techniques
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the setup of the mobile equipment maintenance organization, required workshop tools, work procedures and inventory spare parts
- Budget preparation and control during the execution of repair and maintenance activities
- Developing the local workforce.
- Supervision of the contracted Equipment Maintenance, warehouse supervisor, light vehicle maintenance supervisor and a maintenance planner.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in heavy mobile equipment maintenance, or equivalent experiences
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience with Trucks i.e. SANDVICK TH540,TH551i,TH663i,CAT730,LHD CAT 2900G,Development Drills SANDVICK DD421,DD420,Production Drill SANDVIK DL311,DL420 ,Caterpillar 789D Haul trucks, 6040 Front Shovels, Excavators, Loaders, Dozers and Graders
- Excellent attitude towards safety and commitment to zero-harm
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 9th December 2020.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.