The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is a body corporate established on 1st July 2005, under the Universities Act 2005 (Chapter 346 of the Laws of Tanzania) with mandate to recognize, approve, register and accredit Universities operating in Tanzania, and local or foreign University level programs being offered by registered higher education institutions. It also coordinates the proper functioning of all university institutions in Tanzania so as to foster a harmonized higher education system in the country
STUDENT TRANSFER CRITERIA
Universities in Tanzania shall ensure that a student who intends to transfer for purposes of accumulating credits on a specific subject, module or course or part of it fulfils the set
Commission conditions for such transfer and a University shall process credit transfer arrangements based on the criteria set by the Commission.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENT TRANSFER
- A student intending to transfer credits shall have been registered in the programme to which the credit shall be accumulated.
- The subject, course or module intended for credit accumulation and subsequent transfer shall be relevant to the programme to which the student is registered and shall successfully be completed before earning the credits intended for transfer.
- Transfer of credits shall be allowable within a period notexceeding five years from the time the credits were earned.The transferring student shall have cleared all his/her supplementary examinations at the releasing University but may be allowed to transfer carryovers.
- A student who had been discontinued on academic grounds or examination irregularities shall not be allowed to transfer his/her credits but one wishing to continue with university education in the same programme or institution shall have to wait until a lapse of two years after having been discontinued but still he/she will not be allowed to transfer credits earned prior to discontinuation.
- A student who had been discontinued on academic grounds or examination irregularities shall not be allowed to transfer his/her credits but one wishing to continue with university education in a different programme or institution can do so provided that he/she registers in the next study cycle.
- A student who intends to transfer his/her credits for purposes of graduating in a receiving University shall be required to earn at least 50% of the total credits in the core course of the particular programme in that University.