HLI as a part of a consortium with the Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project “Strengthening the quality, accessibility and sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the Presidents “Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Strategic Information Officer at Health Links Initiative (HLI) November, 2020
HLI is looking for qualified candidate to fill in the below Position
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Overall Job Summary:
The Strategic Information Officer is responsible for providing data management and technical expertise to ensure strategic information needs related to CDC/NHLS project. The candidate will have roles in monitoring and evaluation activities including providing technical assistance to the team. This also includes guiding providing supervision of data to ensure quality implementation and reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with technical staff and other field officers in the collection, collation, and analysis of data from implementation of various interventions including (but not limited to) data for reporting
- Manage data from sub national levels and from sites that are supported by this project.
- Provide monthly status updates on progress towards meeting indicator targets
- Oversee implementation of various data collection tools by stakeholders and ensure that data is of the highest quality
- Assist with revision of data collection tools and make recommendations based on observations at the field level.
- Enter data into various databases and perform data queries where necessary
- Develop and/or maintain tracking system for reports received and processed.
- Participate in training workshops to build capacity in Monitoring and Evaluation among key stakeholders
- Provide technical support on Strategic Information and evidence-based recommendations to the Project Manager
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adhere to CDC’s monitoring and evaluation system
- Participate actively in the project planning process, budget keeping and quality of the results
- Compilation of reports (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Support technical staff in executing other tasks which may be required
- Ensure that data from the M&E system are backed up regularly both to local external drives and to the SharePoint site.
- Participate in the preparation of new technical proposals as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Professional with health program M&E work experience; graduate degree in Epidemiology, Bio-Statistics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Public Health desirable.
- Extensive experience in data processing and database management (from data capturing to data analysis for decision making). This should include high- level knowledge in the use of database management software (e.g. preferably, MS Access, SQL-Server and/or other), SQL, MS Excel, and data analysis software (e.g. STATA, SPSS, EPI Info, and/or other). Experience in the use / programming of PDAs will be considered an asset.
- Experience in managing and/or working with information systems in at least one of the following areas: health information, quality improvement system, and/or HIV/AIDS control intervention services.
- Established track record in monitoring and evaluation of health programs, preferably HIV/AIDS
- Experience in database management, data analysis using the software identified above.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, able to work under stress. Able to work with local and national authorities and community-based providers from different cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with data analysis, technical report writing, and preparing scientific publications.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Strong communication skills, including report writing and confidence in delivering complex presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Good project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to respond to deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to interact well and develop positive relationships with Stakeholders of different backgrounds
- Sound knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods
Mode of application:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letters and a copy of CV in one document. The applications must be submitted not later than 16hours; November 27th, 2020 and channeled through the following address
Health Links Initiative (HLI)
P.O. Box 65545 Capital Plaza, 2nd Floor, Plot number 397 Block J
Mwai Kibaki Road
14121, Mbezi Beach B
Dar es salaam
Email: [email protected]
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert; consider yourself unsuccessful
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.