The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Tenable For The Academic Year 2020/2021
1.0 Call for Application
The General public is hereby informed that, the Government of Hungary has opened new Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships to eligible Tanzanians to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the academic year 2021/2022. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) and passed with division one or two or Diploma with minimum of Upper Second Class (for undergraduate candidates);
- Must have completed Bachelor degree and passed with Upper Second Class Honours or Distinction (for Masters degree candidates);
- Must hold a Master’s degree with minimum of Upper Second Class (for PhD candidates); and
- Must have good English Language Proficiency Skills.
2.1 List of documents to be submitted
An applicant must submit the following supporting documents as part of the evaluation process:
- Scanned certified copies of academic Certificates and Transcripts
- Motivation letter (minimum 1 page);
- Proof of language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL Certificate);
- Scanned copy of the passport’s data page (or National ID card);
- Research plan minimum 2 pages(for PhD candidates);
- Two signed Letters of recommendation (from the applicant’s former or current academic tutor(s) or supervisor(s) for PhD candidates and;
- Medical Certificate.
3.0 Scope of the Scholarship
- The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fee,
- Monthly stipend,
- Accommodation contribution in the university dormitory and
- Medical insurance.
- Visa application fee,
- Return ticket, and
- Stipend for first month.
- Scholarship beneficiaries are expected to cover:
NB: There is no Top-up Loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this Scholarship.
4.0 Application process and submission
- Applicants must apply online. The application system can be reached through the following link: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
- Details on the eligible study Programmes and Hungarian Universities can be accessed through the following link: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/courses/search/id/11834871-tyujd8
- All applicants for doctorial programmes before they apply are required to visit http://www.doktori.hu/index.php?menuid=115&lang=EN for proposed research topics.
- The deadline for submission of electronic application forms to Stipendium Hungaricum is 15th January, 2021 at 23:59 (Central European Time).
- The application form should also be submitted in hard or soft copy to reach Ministry of Education, Science and Technology not later than 18th January, 2020.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Tenable