Shift Supervisor Trainer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine October, 2020
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Shift Supervisor Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the overall objective of this position is to oversee and manage the efficient and safe execution of the mining schedule in a fully mechanized underground mine on a shift by shift basis.
Reporting to: Mining Section Leader
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- To coordinate both production and development deliverables while simultaneously facilitating the up skilling and professional growth of the workforce through training and development of the First Line Leaders.
- To embody and foster the company policies and values to all employees.
- An in-depth knowledge, including practical experience to ensure respective development cycles required to exceed aggressive daily key performance indicators (KPI’s) on a consistent basis. The KPI’s must be exceeded to meet the mine plan schedule.
- Ability to execute the daily plan and report all delays or deviations from the plan immediately, including the necessary recovery action.
- Plan all work in a safe and efficient manner to maximize face activity at all times.
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards and procedures during the execution of their duties.
- Ensure all areas of the operational department are conducting themselves in line with the company policies and ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Create a working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders and provide feedback and other information as required on heading status and other areas of interest.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate all mining equipment applicable to the mine in a high speed manner
- Recognized Shift Supervisor Certificate of Competency
- Experience of not less than 15 years in general underground experience covering all aspects of mining in a high speed development and production setting.
- A minimum of 5 years in the role of development and shift supervisor performing on a continuous basis
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adequate skill set to operate all underground machines for training purposes
- Thorough knowledge of modern trackless mechanized mining production and development methodologies including automation, ensuring industry best practice is implemented and maintained.
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites.
- Exposure to deep, narrow vein gold mining practices.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SHIFT SUPERVISOR TRAINER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com