Senior Systems Analyst At EAC. The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan, and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
Directorate: Human Resource and Administration
Current scale/Grade: P2
Job reports to: Principal information Technology Officer (PITO)
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Senior System Analyst will analyze each business and system requirements, design, implement and maintain critical systems for efficient and effective delivery of services to all EAC stakeholders. S/He will provide technical advice, training and support to all users of ICT systems and services in the entire Community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, design and implement ICT systems.
- Conduct periodic business needs assessments and recommend appropriate system solutions to address the identified needs.
- Conduct research on ICT products, services and trends to keep abreast with new developments In ICT field and to take advantage of emerging technologies.
- Evaluate and design business applications and database system requirements.
- Prepare systems specifications and coordinate the Implementation of approved systems as per the agreed design and specifications and/or TOR.
- Give advice on the outsourcing and project management of major systems
- construction and development.
- Maintain and update the data systems and user requirements documentation.
- Continuously conduct tests and reviews on system requirements.
- Maintain all EAC ICT systems are working properly by conducting regular system
- maintenance checks on financial system, HRMIS, Registry records, Library systems etc.
- Maintain and regularly update E.AC statistics database and Council decisions database.
- Liaison with vendors of the E.AC systems for upgrades and any major maintenance.
- Custodian of all passwords of key systems.
- Coordinate and implement mitigation measures to guard against security threats and vulnerabilities of networks systems and information data.
- Conduct ICT systems risk assessment and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Manage the business continuity/ disaster recovery plans of all the critical systems in EAC.
- Conduct routine backup of all systems including management of off-site backups.
- Maintain a record of all key software licenses procured by EAC and coordinate their renewal.
- Coordinate development of the EAC websites and web portals.
- Manage the EAC active directory and domains system.
- Manage the centralized EAC email systems and Internet based services.
- Train EAC staff on the system usage and common desk top applications.
- Prepare project proposals and participate in mobilization of funds for ICT
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of successful ICT projections to mobilize funds
- Business needs assessments reports.
- Research reports on ICT products and services maintained and updated EAC statistics database and Council decisions database.
- Reports on Security of ICT Networks, Systems and mitigation measures
- ICT systems risk assessment report and software licenses.
- Records of all procured and renewed software licenses.
- Number of EAC staff trained on the system usage and common desktop applications.
Minimum job requirements:
Master of Science degree in computer science, Information technology or equivalents, with a strong bias in business and/or software engineering
Minimum 8 years experience, 2 in ICT projects management and/or ICT leadership
Must have Business re-engineering and strategies, Systems analysis and design, information systems security management, ICT contracts and specifications drafting, Data base design and administration, ICT management/leadership, Network administration, ICT projects management, Business continuity/disaster recovery management, Planning /Coding and ICT training program delivery skills.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records. Senior Systems Analyst At EAC