Senior Officer Core Business Systems Management At TADB, D
Nature and scope:
Reporting to the Head Of Information Communication & Technology, the Senior Officer Core Business Systems Management is responsible for administering computer software and hardware installation, which includes servers, workstations, LAN administration points and the network plant. He/She is also responsible for administering the integrated Information System, which includes servers, workstations and network administration points as well as the network plant within the bank.
- Responsible for supporting daily core banking operations and other financial applications (e.g. IBCM, SWIFT, TISS, FS, Reuters).
- Responsible for maintaining good performance of the core banking and other financial systems and propose relevant improvements so as to optimize the mentioned systems
- Responsible for closing End of Day (EOD), End of Month (EOM), and End of Year (EOY) for core banking system and other financial systems.
- Responsible for the implementation of change requests on the core banking system and other financial systems.
- Align with the user departments, in successful preparation and acquisition of the specifications for the core and other financial systems.
- Facilitates timely extraction of required reports from the core banking and other financial systems.
- Execute system checks and tests relevant mechanisms for redundancy.
- Participate in ensuring that the planning and development of ICT systems is designed and carried out in an orderly, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Participate in overseeing the design and maintenance of procedures, rules and regulations for the development and application of ICT software.
- Oversee ICT projects and system changes and participate in following up with Suppliers of Software.
- Participating in coordinating programming activities including system designing, documentation of procedures and operation of computer and peripheral equipments.
- Monitoring progress of projects related to core banking systems and other financial systems.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- Ensuring compliance with bank’s policies and other accepted standards on implementation and administration of core banking and other financial systems.
- Manage end to end migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes throughout the development life cycle.
- Administering all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Troubleshooting with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools and assisting with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- University Graduate in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in reputable company or financial institution as well as experience with troubleshooting and issue resolution principles, methodologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language with solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks.
- Strong knowledge of networking and distributed computing environment concepts, as well as a sound understanding of the principles of routing, firewalls, and client/server applications.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Mode of Application
Apply to this job by filling in your details, attaching your Application/Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume (with 3 referees)
Be sure to fill in and/or include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address.